By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Doesnt seem like Gravity Rush 2 isnt getting that much love on Amazon..

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

So it's getting lots of love?

The PS5 Exists. 

15 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#05 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#41 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 18)
#61 NES Classic (up 3)
#68 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (up 6)
#78 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#39 PS4 Kingdom Hearts Remix (down 2)
#77 PS4 Kingdom Hearts HD (down 8)
#83 PS4 Tales Of Berseria (down 4)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

JRPGfan said:

I doubt it will get much love anywhere. No matter how hard I try to sell that game, none of my friends ever bites...apparently their ambivalence extends to the market as a whole :(

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#05 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#33 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (up 8)
#61 NES Classic (same)
#68 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (same)
#74 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 4)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#39 PS4 Kingdom Hearts Remix (same)
#73 PS4 Kingdom Hearts HD (up 4)
#77 PS4 Tales Of Berseria (up 6)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

It's pretty much panning out as I expected so far: PS4 strengthening and XB1 slowly dwindling. I cannot see how Scorpio can make any impact whatsoever unless MS pull a fast one and call it a next generation console. At least then they can manipulate the narrative and say they 'lead'.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

It's pretty much panning out as I expected so far: PS4 strengthening and XB1 slowly dwindling. I cannot see how Scorpio can make any impact whatsoever unless MS pull a fast one and call it a next generation console. At least then they can manipulate the narrative and say they 'lead'.

But then they will be in a much harder  spot ass people  and sites will say laughing " next gen scorpio  is being  destroyed  by old genn ps4" hahahaha.

Wow@ ps4 being soo high

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

GribbleGrunger said:

True.  But that'll be a double-edged sword.  If they abandon the XBO, like they did the OG XB1, that's going to leave a bad taste in gamers' mouths.  Almost as bad as the one they left at the beginning of the gen.  It'll also be a sign of defeat, which could also be mocked and looked down on by gamers in general.  Especially after the promises they made for Scorpio, like no exclusives for it, except VR games that the XBO can't run.

It could also end up like the Dreamcast, where people were excited by a new gen and the improved graphics, so it sold decently at first.  However, the PS2 (PS5 in this case) came out a year later, after the major success of the PS1 (PS4) and blew it away.  It also won't help them now that all of their exclusives are going to PC AND they are skimming back on 3rd party deals.  What are they going to use to push the system?  Specs alone, contrary to some Xbox fans beliefs, do not sell a console.

There's also the added risk of looking even more defeated if the PS4 is still outselling your brand new system.

Looks like interest for the Xbox One is going to crater this year up until the Scorpio drops. It wasn't even necessary to announce it as early as they did since the One S was actually doing okay in domestic sales. Just kind of a panic move I guess. Now it looks like more price cuts and giveaways are going to have to happen from this point on.

This why I don't see a lot of hope in the future of the OG/One S. Because MS is putting themselves in the position of doubling down on Scorpio as the future of Xbox.

thismeintiel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

True.  But that'll be a double-edged sword.  If they abandon the XBO, like they did the OG XB1, that's going to leave a bad taste in gamers' mouths.  Almost as bad as the one they left at the beginning of the gen.  It'll also be a sign of defeat, which could also be mocked and looked down on by gamers in general.  Especially after the promises they made for Scorpio, like no exclusives for it, except VR games that the XBO can't run.

It could also end up like the Dreamcast, where people were excited by a new gen and the improved graphics, so it sold decently at first.  However, the PS2 (PS5 in this case) came out a year later, after the major success of the PS1 (PS4) and blew it away.  It also won't help them now that all of their exclusives are going to PC AND they are skimming back on 3rd party deals.  What are they going to use to push the system?  Specs alone, contrary to some Xbox fans beliefs, do not sell a console.

There's also the added risk of looking even more defeated if the PS4 is still outselling your brand new system.

Like this indeed ^^.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil