By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Bandorr said:
That ps4 pro really is just stalking the xb1 isn't it. They seem to always be close lately.

As word of mouth spreads (assuming Sony don't promote it at some point) you'll see the Pro edge ahead of the XB1 and then as steam builds for the Scorpio you'll see the XB1 start slipping further and further behind. Add to that the momentum exclusives bring to the PS4 and it's looking more and more like MS need the Scorpio in order to just slow the widening gap down.

As I keep saying, the only way MS can take any sort of victory from this is if they give the impression the Scorpio is a next gen console. This way their fans and MS can give out Scorpio numbers and have a free run until Sony release the PS5. Remember, I'm not talking literally here, I'm talking about blurring the lines enough for a perception to take hold and create a narrative that favours MS.

This is one reason MS fans are keen on breaking the PS4 ecosystem up into thirds. Slim success, Pro fail, Pro success, Slim fail. When the reality is PS4 success.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Bandorr said:
That ps4 pro really is just stalking the xb1 isn't it. They seem to always be close lately.

As word of mouth spreads (assuming Sony don't promote it at some point) you'll see the Pro edge ahead of the XB1 and then as steam builds for the Scorpio you'll see the XB1 start slipping further and further behind. Add to that the momentum exclusives bring to the PS4 and it's looking more and more like MS need the Scorpio in order to just slow the widening gap down.

As I keep saying, the only way MS can take any sort of victory from this is if they give the impression the Scorpio is a next gen console. This way their fans and MS can give out Scorpio numbers and have a free run until Sony release the PS5. Remember, I'm not talking literally here, I'm talking about blurring the lines enough for a perception to take hold and create a narrative that favours MS.

This is one reason MS fans are keen on breaking the PS4 ecosystem up into thirds. Slim success, Pro fail, Pro success, Slim fail. When the reality is PS4 success.

Microsoft  will do much more damage  to there already  broken image if they  announce  scorpio  as next genn. 

Even  greater  when ps4 dominates  it.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

13 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#13 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 2)
 #48 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (same)
#49 PS4Pro (up 1)
#58 NES (down 5)
#70 NiS (up 3)*
#95 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (up 2)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#04 WiiU Breath Of The Wild (up 1)
#11 Mario Kart Delux (re-entry)
#20 Kingdom Hearts Remix (new entry)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NiS:  1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Bandorr said:

The XB1 has been gradually losing its advantage over the PS4, I feel. If we are to strictly look at XB1 S vs PS4 slim sales, the amount the PS4 slim was outsold by the XB1 S has decreased month over month. In December, the XB1 S and PS4 slim sold almost the same. The caveat is that the XB1 had the stronger deals than the PS4 and Microsoft spent substantially more money in advertising.

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#13 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#46 NES (up 12)
#47 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (up 1)
#55 PS4Pro (down 6)
#76 NiS (down 6)*
#98 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (down 3)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#04 NiS Breath Of The Wild (same)
#12 Mario Kart Delux (down 1)
#19 Kingdom Hearts Remix (up 1)
#20 WiiU Breath Of The Wild (re-entry)

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NiS:  1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Loving the Monty Python reference!

SWORDF1SH said:
Loving the Monty Python reference!

Yeah, it works quite well. lol

The PS5 Exists. 

Hey the Switch Pro Controller is up for preorder!

...Aaaaand it's gone.

Bandorr said:
Nuvendil said:
Hey the Switch Pro Controller is up for preorder!

...Aaaaand it's gone.

I had a chance to order it, but chose not to.

I assume there will be more of them by the end of the year.

Then again so many people may be not wanting to use the joycons that I may never see one again.

Just couldn't pull the price at $70.  I have no interest in the motion control or the HD rumble.

Ah, that does lower the value proposition for you then.  On its face, $70 isn't an entirely unfair price when you consider it has more tech and better battery in it than the DualShock 4 that launched at $60, but if that tech doesn't interest you then that doesn't really matter.

I am sure that there will be plenty of them as things move forward. 

Switch at #93 is almost out of the top100.