By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

They're still trying to confuse it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0h-u8Cwu80

That's one of the confusions I'm talking about. If anyone can watch that and not see how they're deliberately implying the XB1s is a 4K console then I'd be wary of that person from here on out. It's so obvious that it hurts my soul to see people trying their hardest to find ways around not seeing the obvious.

To quote Major Nelson himself... “How do we market that and be honest. You have to fudge things a little bit to show the differences, but you want to do it in a way that’s honest. So even telling customers what it looks like, we have to go through that journey”

http://segmentnext.com/2016/12/15/fudge-information-sell-4k-hdr-gaming-microsoft/

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

The only reason MS focused on the 4K blu-ray playing is because they wanted to confuse the 4K messaging before the Pro came out.

I believe MS included 4K Blu-ray on the XB1 S is because they thought Sony would do the same thing for at least the Pro. It turned out that the Pro would not include 4K Blu-ray, so MS was basically stuck with a smaller profit margin than they could've had if they didn't include it.

RJ_Sizzle said:
GribbleGrunger said:

The only reason MS focused on the 4K blu-ray playing is because they wanted to confuse the 4K messaging before the Pro came out.

That's crooked and deceptive as heck! The Ad is a dude yelling at a lady that the Xbox that they are playing a game on being, "ULTRA 4K!!!"

Aura7541 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I believe MS included 4K Blu-ray on the XB1 S is because they thought Sony would do the same thing for at least the Pro. It turned out that the Pro would not include 4K Blu-ray, so MS was basically stuck with a smaller profit margin than they could've had if they didn't include it.

That is likely to be mongst the motivation but for me, having seen the variety of ways they've tried to muddy the water, confusion is the main priority and actual information is offered in that framework. That tell me the main priority was to 'confuse'. The bottom line is MS knew Sony would have all the 4K messaging to themselves and create synonymity with the PS4 brand before MS could even enter the conversation. They needed 4K Blu-ray more than Sony.

You know what I wouldn't be surprised to see? If Sony announced a new disc format that's better than the current format about a month after the Scorpio launches. That's completely out of nothing but for some reason it's something that feels likely.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

That's one of the confusions I'm talking about. If anyone can watch that and not see how they're deliberately implying the XB1s is a 4K console then I'd be wary of that person from here on out. It's so obvious that it hurts my soul to see people trying their hardest to find ways around not seeing the obvious.

How is that not false advertising?

Around the Network
Insidb said:

Are you agreeing or have you misread?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Insidb said:

They ran an ad saying they could do something they could not: I define that as false advertising.

Insidb said:
GribbleGrunger said:

They ran an ad saying they could do something they could not: I define that as false advertising.

Oh, you've misread. I'm saying it's false advertising.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Insidb said:

Oh, you've misread. I'm saying it's false advertising.

The question was meant as a general exclamation, not as a counter to you.

Now, I see what happened here lol.

GribbleGrunger said:
Aura7541 said:

That is likely to be mongst the motivation but for me, having seen the variety of ways they've tried to muddy the water, confusion is the main priority and actual information is offered in that framework. That tell me the main priority was to 'confuse'. The bottom line is MS knew Sony would have all the 4K messaging to themselves and create synonymity with the PS4 brand before MS could even enter the conversation. They needed 4K Blu-ray more than Sony.

You know what I wouldn't be surprised to see? If Sony announced a new disc format that's better than the current format about a month after the Scorpio launches. That's completely out of nothing but for some reason it's something that feels likely.

Well, MS is doing whatever they can do to increase XB1 sales and ultimately, maximize revenue. Heck, the amount of money MS put into advertising for December was astronomical, lol. I'm not saying what MS has been doing is right, but at the same time, it's also understandable.

I highly doubt a new disc format will be introduced soon. Sony will include 4K Bluray in the PS5 considering by the time it releases, 4K playback will be more widely adopted.