By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite game journalism site?

I think game journalism has taken a huge loss in both quality and quantity over the last ten years. IGN used to be almost exclusively about games, and their reviews were longer and more detailed. Now they try to cover everything from games to movies to tv shows. Too many IGN articles about games are nothing but pure speculation. Gamespot hasn't been the same since the whole Gerstmann review fiasco, and they are a clickbait site today. Almost every great gaming magazine has closed down, and they haven't been replaced with anything. 

All I want in a game journalism site are previews, reviews, and important news. No, reporting that developer X was on twitter today is not news. 

I like Destructoid, and Nintendolife because they still follow the old school formula of simply, previews, reviews, and real news. 

Around the Network

Eurogamer and 3DJuegos are the ones I like the most.

Gematsu is my go to for game news.

Also VGChartz PS Vita thread (thank you Kresnik!)

Hmm, I don't really have one. They all seem equally shit to me...

None. They all suck anymore. I liked JoyStiq in th emid 00s and loved the DS Fanboy site way back when.

Around the Network

None. Used to be Joystiq.

Who needs game journalism sites when you can get rumors posted on here everyday.

YouTube.

Lol.

nintendoeverything.com

With youtube and independent blogs, I do not need professional game journalism at all. It is a thing of the past.