By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite game journalism site?

umegames said:
nintendoeverything.com

My man and fellow follower of Nintendoeverything. I love that site. One of the best out there

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Arlo said:
Used to be IGN, then, well...you know. Then it was Joystiq, but you know...that whole thing.

Now I just do Nintendo Life for Nintendo stuff and hear everything else on the grapevine. Considering it's become such a big business, it really is crummy how awful gaming journalism has gotten.

Hey Arlo how's it hanging

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I think game journalism has taken a huge loss in both quality and quantity over the last ten years. IGN used to be almost exclusively about games, and their reviews were longer and more detailed. Now they try to cover everything from games to movies to tv shows. Too many IGN articles about games are nothing but pure speculation. Gamespot hasn't been the same since the whole Gerstmann review fiasco, and they are a clickbait site today. Almost every great gaming magazine has closed down, and they haven't been replaced with anything. 

All I want in a game journalism site are previews, reviews, and important news. No, reporting that developer X was on twitter today is not news. 

I like Destructoid, and Nintendolife because they still follow the old school formula of simply, previews, reviews, and real news. 

Give VGChartz a chance!

We focus almost exclusively on news, reviews, and previews, with some fun op-eds thrown in as well. As a relatively small group of writers, we don't have the reach or access of big sites like IGN or GameSpot, but I can promise you we are dedicated to this community and to the craft of video games journalism. 

Yeah you guys do pretty well. I wish there were more reviews, and previews here. Seems like a quarter of all games get covered. 

Twitter

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Cerebralbore101 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Give VGChartz a chance!

We focus almost exclusively on news, reviews, and previews, with some fun op-eds thrown in as well. As a relatively small group of writers, we don't have the reach or access of big sites like IGN or GameSpot, but I can promise you we are dedicated to this community and to the craft of video games journalism. 

Yeah you guys do pretty well. I wish there were more reviews, and previews here. Seems like a quarter of all games get covered. 

It's tough. It's a small group and many of us have other jobs. Hopefully we can increase output this year :)

Around the Network

IGN and Nintendoeverything

I usually go to VGchartz and Game Informer for news. As for reviews I take what I read with a grain of salt. I like to make up my own mind when it comes to wether a game is good or not. I do like to watch This is Kinda of Funny cause I think their take on things in the industry is interesting even though I don't always agree with them.

Youtube for previews & reviews, VGchartz message board for announcements & news filler (rumors, speculation, sales talk, etc.)

IGN and Game Informer are my main source of news

I also follow the former GameTrailers guys at Easy Allies, though their only real journalism is reviews nowadays, but they're still as good as they were during the GT days.

Nichegamer (occasionally,since censorship is a case by case situation in my opinion,which they disagree with), Operation Rainfall, and Siliconera