By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita 2, Or PSP 2, Must Happen..... Sony Vs Nintendo?!

Can a nexgen PlayStation phone bring Sony back in the mobile market?

Yes? 32 11.47%

Maybe 32 11.47%

No 86 30.82%

Won't happen 113 40.50%

It could definitely happen 16 5.73%

Total:279
leo-j said:
It'll cost $599 or $699, via carrier subsidies it'll be accessable to the mobile market...

Sony should position it as a flagship nexgen Android meant to compete directly with the iPhone..... Imagine having the option of a legit PlayStation phone with a silky smooth OS, and lightning speed internet with a beautiful display to top it....

This system will require an LTE connection.... IMO since it'll be a phone.... I think with mobile data moving to a 30-40gb use per user in the u s this streaming concept shouldn't be

Pretty sure phone users would rather buy Apple/Samsung

" I think with mobile data moving to a 30-40gb use per user in the u s this streaming concept shouldn't be "

Link with price?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Mobile data is unlimited on t mobile network for tablets.... U can stream 100gb and not get throttled ..... As long as you use binge on which reduces video streaming to 480p resolution....

mM
leo-j said:
It'll cost $599 or $699, via carrier subsidies it'll be accessable to the mobile market...

Sony should position it as a flagship nexgen Android meant to compete directly with the iPhone..... Imagine having the option of a legit PlayStation phone with a silky smooth OS, and lightning speed internet with a beautiful display to top it....

This system will require an LTE connection.... IMO since it'll be a phone.... I think with mobile data moving to a 30-40gb use per user in the u s this streaming concept shouldn't be

And how does one control such a device? And what would it's advantages be over simply expanding PS software support on Android phones?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The Switch is basically the vita 2. So I'd argue the market is better with just that. All Nintendo and third party handheld developers on the one platform.

Kerotan said:
The Switch is basically the vita 2. So I'd argue the market is better with just that. All Nintendo and third party handheld developers on the one platform.

Key features above showcase a device a gen ahead of w.e the switch offers....  

Okay take ur Nintendo console game on the go with no internet connection unless u find wifi....

Vs taking ur phablet of a phone with a fast 5G connection opening up ur ps4 and playing anything on the PS now servers via streaming imo is a better option 

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Mobile data is unlimited on t mobile network for tablets.... U can stream 100gb and not get throttled ..... As long as you use binge on which reduces video streaming to 480p resolution....

Uh huh..

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/t-mobile-ends-cheaper-plans-and-imposes-new-limits-on-unlimited-data/

"The $70 unlimited "T-Mobile One" plan caps hotspot usage to 2G speeds, which T-Mobile defines as up to 128kbps. Normal-speed mobile hotspot usage will cost $15 for each 5GB allotment.

The new unlimited plan also throttles video to 480p, similar to the carrier's Binge On promotion that throttles video and exempts it from data caps. On the new unlimited plan, customers who want HD video must pay an extra $25 a month per line. The unlimited plan also throttles customers who use more than 26GB a month if they are connected to a congested cell tower."

Also PSNow =/= Video Streaming.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

This sounds like a very expensive and bad idea that can destroy Sony financially. If this device was real... switch already won because of the price and Pokemon... $599 or $699, oh my.

PS now does not use too much data tho, its quality is throttled under 720p.... Depending on the internet connection..... You can stream with a 5mbps connection, but expect sub HD resolutions...

Also this is all hypothetical, and the data limit is now 29gb on t mobile network.... And they throttle if it is congested.... By late 2018, with 5G launching there should be no issue for a device like the PS phone..... With everyone using more data.... It's pushing the GB offered higher and higher

mM

Sony need to bring back their mobile department, and launching a nexgen handheld is the way to do it imo.....

mM

Imagine this crazy scenario. The Nintendo Switch, as a consumer recognized mobile device that is very familiar to them, sells like freak'n hot cakes. Also realize that 80% of game developers have gone bankrupt in the last few years because systems are actually too powerful now and games are becoming too high risk/too expensive to make. Sony see's all this and decides to make PS5 a mobile device similar to the Switch offering both home and portable use. Never say it cant happen.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969