By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers & Hideo Kojima, Katsuhiro, David Cage Reveals the Most Anticipated Games

Wrote this on another forum but thought it would be applicable considering the thread...

Read dead seems to be quickly becoming Kojima's "white whale." I remember hearing an interview a while back about how Kojima looked up to the first game. No doubt the open world and mission based themes in MGSV were a direct result of this admiration.

While I thought MGSV was an amazing game (easily my own personal best of 2015.) I think it didn't quite live up to the standards set by the previous entries in the series. I think this was due to a few reasons (most noteably Konami's issues with the game's development/lack of completion.) but I can't overlook the possibility that PERHAPS this was due to making the game more "open world" and "mission/side mission like."

I feel this is a big issue with open world games. After a while the narrative can become muddled and lose focus. Rockstar games are guilty of this as well, maybe even moreso.

Kojima is a master of what he does. IMO he should focus on what makes his games among the best in the world and let rockstar focus on what they know best.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

Around the Network

Kojima must have a hard on for Rockstar.

Edit: Not saying his opinion is wrong or anything, it's probably the most anticipated game for a ton of people. 

My most anticipated is obviously Mount & Blade, but Red Dead 2 might be my second.

Azuren said:
I'm more excited for Ni-Oh :D

Ni-Oh is the perfect game for Dark Souls/Bloodborne-Fans ^^ And Samurai Fans : )

daredevil.shark said:
Yeah. I also agree with him. Here is my top 5.
1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
5. Mass Effect Andromeda

Great games !!!!

Qwark said:
My top 5
1 Horizon zero Dawn
2 Red dead redemption
3 Detroit
4 Mass Effect andromeda
5 GT Sport

Detroit Become Human looks so fantastic < 3 Cant wait of this =)

thevideogameninja said:
Kojima is a master of what he does. IMO he should focus on what makes his games among the best in the world and let rockstar focus on what they know best.

I would not mind if the new "Kojima Production" work with "Rockstar Games" or "Naughty Dog" someday. All 3 developers love endless details and games with high quality =)

Around the Network

Update: Audrey Leprince by The Game Bakers: Detroit Become Human

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD1pbWCJcKQ&t=13s

Michelle Ducker by Media Molecule: Horizon Zero Dawn

Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou: Horizon Zero Dawn

Jason Vandenberghe by Ubisoft Monteal: Horizon Zero Dawn

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

Kazutoki Kono by Bandai Namco: God of War

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_GCPaKywg&t=62s

Tim Wileman, Producer by Lego Star Wars: God of War

Dave Crooks: Persona 5

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWzG8eL1MlI

David Cage by Quantic Dream: Dreams

Paul Narducci: Gran Turismo Sport

Andrew Wilans: Farpoint

Katsuhiro Harada by Bandai Namco: For Honor
Sarah Hebbler: Mass Effect Andromeda

Jake Solomon: Red Dead Redemption 2

Dominic Matthews by Ninja Theory: Red Dead Redemption 2

Eric Jensen: Red Dead Redemption 2

Jean-François Dugas by Ubisoft Montreal: Resident Evil 7

Nouredine Abboud by Ubisoft Paris: Shenmue 3

Mathijs de Jonge, Game Director by Guerrilla Games: Shenmue 3

Ken Chua by Crystal Dynamics: Spider-Man

Masachika Kawata, Resident Evil 7-Producer by Capcom: The Last of Us 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Wnvvj33Wo&t=39s

Isn't this their most expected Playstation games?

This is a cool thread. It's nice to see what games people are looking forward to.

My most anticipated games for 2017:

1) Horizon Zero Dawn
2) GT Sport
3) Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4) Gravity Rush 2
5) Halo Wars 2

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Entropio said:
Isn't this their most expected Playstation games?

The developer's interview was conducted with the PlayStation team. But I think the question was general. There is written: "Wir fragten Entwicklerstudios, welche Spiele sie dieses Jahr unbedingt spielen wollen". "We asked developer studios which games they want to play this year". The biggest Most Wanted game. Interesting: the Resident Evil 7-producer is looking forward to "the Last of Us 2". I wish "resident evil" would be like "the last of us". I liked resident evil 1-4. More stealth-elements and back to the roots of the characters / story would be great.

Normchacho said:
This is a cool thread. It's nice to see what games people are looking forward to.

My most anticipated games for 2017:

1) Horizon Zero Dawn

good choice :) The game will definitely appear on the first of March.