By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2= Epic fail?

Rock_on_2008 said:
Resistance 2 will outsell Gears of War 2.

You're kiddnig right? GoW2 will greatly outsell R2. the US is the FPS market, and right now, the 360 owns in (GoW2 is not a FPS, but it's the ame market).

I will buy them both, so not helping either :)

Around the Network

its hard to find a better game then COD4 for selling systems! PS3 os 360! hell its a beast!

the facts are Resistence 2 is being touted as an amazing game! if it can pull it off and get the reviews and the U.S. install base of the PS3 gets a huge boost!

then its possible it can compete and possibly win in sales over GOW2 but that all depends on what bells and whistles GOW2 has in the new tech demo that looks like theres some new stuff that could be cool!

4 player coop and hugh battles for resistence with triple the enemies of H3 and 60 player online! damn thats some serious kaos!

still it both are a must in my book!

Epic Fail means the game gets a 7 or less and totally sucks! and epic fail as in epic game studios fails or just EPIC FAIL as in the games fails completely!

just wondering if its a play on words? probably but still hard to say a 5 million seller is a failure without seeing any content in the gae yet!

Will see.

Squall_Leonhart said:
Well the guy does have a point! I see where you are coming from but it is silly to think that R2 will sell more copies than GeoW2 (even if the game does turn out to be pretty average, like Halo 3)
Halo 3 is your opinion. I thought Halo 3 was the best Halo, and best fps this gen. That also only my opinion. 

Rock_on_2008 said:
My criticism of Gears of War 2 on Gamepro gets slammed.
Rock_On_2008 wrote:Gears of War 2 will be a huge let down in 2008. It will sell between 2 to 3 million copies in its lifetime but will not match the sales of Halo 3 which has sold 7.5 million copies so far. Halo 3 failed to move consoles and likewise with Gears of War 2 it will not move XBox 360 consoles. Resistance 2 on PS3 will move consoles and it will sell up to 5 million copies. Resistance 2 will outsell Gears of War 2.
numonex wrote:Words from a n00b...LOL. Here is some advise little n00b. On this site when you make a statment like this one...well dont. It is a completely stupid fucking thing to even say let alone think. Only those with their heads secured up their ass would think this. Here are the facts. Gear os War was way more popular that RFOM, logic alone dictates that Gears 2 will stomp RFOM2. Its simple as that. Now that statment doesnt even take into consideration how each game even turns out. Thats just based on fans of previous versions. Now, Do you presume to put the developers of RFOM up agianst EPIC? EPIC has been making these types of games for YEARS. I would give them a little credit when it comes to this and Gears 2.

BTW: "N00bie" is the official starting rank on Gamepro forum

Why would you join Gamepro forum? That site is as bad as Gamespot. untrustable. 

agreed with selnor its just funny to see what people post on that site. You get some people on Gamepro posting trolling threads every hour and not getting banned its unbelievable.

I would wait until the PC version comes out because it will probably include extra levels like the original PC version of Gears of War. 

Around the Network

I don't see how you can say that Resistance 2 will move consoles for Sony, but Gears 2 will not for Microsoft. That sounds like some really wishful thinking. The reality is that the 360 crowd is more shooter oriented, plus it's larger. Resistance will have to compete with Killzone 2 for the PS3 shooter crowd, so there's about a snowball's chance in hell that it will outsell Gears 2

I predict that the three games MGS 4, Resistance 2 and Kill Zone 2 will all sell over 5 million in their lifetimes due to PS3 having long legs.

BTW I simply assume half of people who own Gears of War  will buy the Gears of war 2. I believe will be a slight improvement on Gears of War and offer new levels. 

leo-j said:
I would rip him into shreds, but I wasnt there. Too bad for you.

All you do is talk big... care to give us an example of how you would have ripped him to shreds ??? Fakt is no one has played RFoM2 or Gears2 so all you can do is go by the first parts and there Gears has the better sales and overall score... sure things can get better... but that goes for both games...

Rock_on_2008 said:

I predict that the three games MGS 4, Resistance 2 and Kill Zone 2 will all sell over 5 million in their lifetimes due to PS3 having long legs.

BTW I simply assume half of people who own Gears of War will buy the Gears of war 2. I believe will be a slight improvement on Gears of War and offer new levels.

I have no doubt that MGS4 and KZ2 will sell well. However both over 5 mill. Def MGS4, but KZ2 we will see.But with Resistance one, every single PS3 in the UK came with a copy. It wasnt out of choice that people got it, it was because it came with it. Realistically the game form what I've played and seen at my mates wasnt a great FPS just average. Even according to them. If Resistance 2 is not bundled I think sales will barely reach Resistance 1. Sorr.:)

^^ That and the fact that Resistance1 one had no FPS competition at all one the PS3... then again I don´t know what kind of competition Gears had on the 360 but I bet there were other passable shooters out by then...