By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2= Epic fail?

My criticism of Gears of War 2 on Gamepro gets slammed.
Rock_On_2008 wrote:Gears of War 2 will be a huge let down in 2008. It will sell between 2 to 3 million copies in its lifetime but will not match the sales of Halo 3 which has sold 7.5 million copies so far. Halo 3 failed to move consoles and likewise with Gears of War 2 it will not move XBox 360 consoles. Resistance 2 on PS3 will move consoles and it will sell up to 5 million copies. Resistance 2 will outsell Gears of War 2.
numonex wrote:Words from a n00b...LOL. Here is some advise little n00b. On this site when you make a statment like this one...well dont. It is a completely stupid fucking thing to even say let alone think. Only those with their heads secured up their ass would think this. Here are the facts. Gear os War was way more popular that RFOM, logic alone dictates that Gears 2 will stomp RFOM2. Its simple as that. Now that statment doesnt even take into consideration how each game even turns out. Thats just based on fans of previous versions. Now, Do you presume to put the developers of RFOM up agianst EPIC? EPIC has been making these types of games for YEARS. I would give them a little credit when it comes to this and Gears 2.

BTW: "N00bie" is the official starting rank on Gamepro forum

Around the Network

Damn I got pwned on that site.

I take it back Gears of War 2 will sell a lot of software due to Gears of War selling over 5 million copies as has been recorded on VGchartz.

Well the guy does have a point! I see where you are coming from but it is silly to think that R2 will sell more copies than GeoW2 (even if the game does turn out to be pretty average, like Halo 3)

damn, the dude ripped you to little pieces. and it's not like he gave you crazy facts, you just got humiliated the simplest way as possible. plus, he labeled you as a n00b. not just a regular noob, but a double-zero n00b...

Around the Network

Umm, remember the last month Xbox 360 console was on top of the sales charts. Remember how it beat the Wii... Now remember what game came out that month? sure you do... So you can't say Halo 3 wasn't a system seller...

If people thought Halo 3 and Gears of War maxed out the XBox 360. Gears of War 2 will get really close to that mark.

BTW: N00bie is the official starting forum rank on Gamepro. 

I would rip him into shreds, but I wasnt there. Too bad for you.

mM

why would you post this?

He's obviously a 360 Ravaging fanboy, and if he knew Epic, like he claims, he'd realize that the UT series is much greater than the Gears of War series, and that Epic has been making fast paced FPS', not slowed down Third-Person Shooters.

Resistance 2 seems a lot more appealing than a gimped UT game with the title including Gears of War IMO.