By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's stock is down 20% since Super Mario Run came out ~updated~

Investors want Nintendo to launch titles that have a recurring revenue stream (e.g. pay to win) - they are not expecting Super Mario Run (or any paid-up-front mobile game for that matter) to have consistent full-sale downloads.

What they're missing is that like all Mario titles - this one will have long tail of mainstream appeal.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Investors want Nintendo to launch titles that have a recurring revenue stream (e.g. pay to win) - they are not expecting Super Mario Run (or any paid-up-front mobile game for that matter) to have consistent full-sale downloads.

What they're missing is that like all Mario titles - this one will have long tail of mainstream appeal.

yeah..pay to win...or.....ACTUAL console sales.

Time to buy.

Do we know how many people bought the games yet?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Turkish said:
I think many gamers who never invested before anticipated a surge after seeing Poke Go and thought it would be the same so they bought tons of Nintendo shares days before the release.

Now they must feel the bern. :/

correction has been applied.

Around the Network

Im sure investors were expecting a Pokemon Go level of adoption. I would be shocked if most of the SMR DL's were just from fans of Mario vs Pokemon Go that had millions of people playing who had never touched a pokemon or done so in years.

From my instagram/twitter feed of friends who downloaded the game, its nice but not 10 dollar nice. I feel with Pokemon Go, it was more of an impulse buy for extra pokeball etc but with the game after 1-3 you're given a choice and for some the price of admission is not worth it. I feel that this is echoed around social media, hence the decline.

spemanig said:
Time to buy.

Yes i agree... 11 percent is big...but i think its done another 7 percent so far today...maybe itll bounce back up soon..

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Well stocks are dependent based on investors "thoughts" and not exactly on how much a thing earns for them.......for example investors thought it would be downloaded 50 million times.....and earn SO MUCH more money off of it....but it's not even coming close. Analyst have sucked all year trying to figure things out....same happened with Pokémon Go. Anaylyst are why things are dropping

Not even close? It was downloaded 10 million times day 1...

Captain_Yuri said:
Do we know how many people bought the games yet?

It's made $5m on its first day I think, which would equate to 500k people who bought it.