By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

bigtakilla said:
Jranation said:

...... I dont get the point of your reply. Japan loves their handheld. The Switch Sales alone in Japan can outsell the Wii U LT WW. 

As long as those fanbases gets on the switch, then it will be good. 

If they released Pokemon Star, the LoZ, and even a handful of the games they stripped away from Wii U, maybe the Wii U wouldn't have sold as bad as it did.

Yeah it wouldn't. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
setsunatenshi said:
lol... and all the people saying how this magically will be on par with the Xbox1 and PS4...

maybe now expectations will finally be realistic and the Nintendo fans will be the ones calling out bullshit whenever someone starts to overhype the Switch power

Already did it.

You don't count. I want to hear it from the butt.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

bigtakilla said:
Jranation said:

...... I dont get the point of your reply. Japan loves their handheld. The Switch Sales alone in Japan can outsell the Wii U LT WW. 

As long as those fanbases gets on the switch, then it will be good. 

If they released Pokemon Star, the LoZ, and even a handful of the games they stripped away from Wii U, maybe the Wii U wouldn't have sold as bad as it did.

It would have sold as bad, I'm sure. None of the big guns released managed to up the sales considerably. Games don't always save magically a console from dying. Marketing was bad, people didn't get the concept, how could they migrate? There were a lot of factors that prevented it from being a success.

Here's the thing that I don't get. 

I think we all remember this picture from when the Nintendo Switch reveal trailer dropped and some official info was finally announced.  This is the strongest list of third party developers Nintendo has ever had. Now I know a lot of you might see it and immediately think of responding something like "That list doesn't mean anything until we see games from those developers on the system" or you might be thinking of referencing the Wii U list of third party developers that was shown years ago at its reveal, but the thing is that Wii U list was nothing compared to this list. 

The reason I am showing this is because I feel like it contradicts with how weak these specs are saying the Switch will be. Look at developers like Bethesda, who were quoted not too long ago saying that they WOULD support the Switch if it was AT LEAST as powerful as the Xbox One.

http://wccftech.com/bethesda-developing-nintendo-nx-powerful-xbox/

So if the system is truly as weak as these specs are saying it will be, why does this system have the strongest supporting list of developers than any other Nintendo console, I would figure it would be one of the worst if that was the case. ESPECIALLY Bethesda after what they said about supporting it only if it's as powerful as the Xbox One.

Now I know this is all just rumour and we won't know officially until January, but this just doesn't really add up. I'm also not saying that this can't possibly true, it could easily be considering Nintendo's history of cheaping out on hardware for their systems. But a lot of developers like From Software and Bethesda didn't support the Wii U because of how underpowered it was, so why would it be a different situation this time if the Switch were to be significantly underpowered yet again? 

Added in with all the reports of people saying that the Switch shouldn't have problems running third party games and that they're easy to port not only from Emily Rogers but even Nvidia said it themselves. This just doesn't really seem to make sense unless Nintendo has managed to convince third parties to support their system despite it being underpowered or something, maybe that is the case, but i'm highly skeptical of that considering developers like Bethesda and what they've said in the past.

Yeah I'll just be waiting a couple of years for Nintendo to release something that's actually useful. I'm sorry Nintendo, but this thing is just one big redundant mess. They'll need to come with something really big and surprising to gain my interest.

Around the Network
vivster said:
bigtakilla said:

Already did it.

You don't count. I want to hear it from the butt.

I'd love to hear it from everyone. Good luck.

bunchanumbers said:
Maybe now we can stop pretending that the words Nintendo and Power belong together. Nintendo goes with the cheap and weak route and have done this for decades. This thing will be abandoned by 3rd parties within a year. I hope it was worth it Nintendo.

Well its stilll thé most powerful Handhled console, à good next gen Vita

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Jranation said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah it wouldn't. 

You seem as sure as most people on here were sure Switch would have Xbone graphics.

Abandon ship! run for your lives!!!!

Oh well, i'm still getting one for Zelda, 3D open world co-op Mario and Pikmin 4.

Also for WWHD and TPHD ports.

guiduc said:
bigtakilla said:

It would have sold as bad, I'm sure. None of the big guns released managed to up the sales considerably. Games don't always save magically a console from dying. Marketing was bad, people didn't get the concept, how could they migrate? There were a lot of factors that prevented it from being a success.

Their slogan can be, "it's the Wii U WITH GAMES"!!!