By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

malistix1985 said:
wowww, if this is all accurate, and its slower then the $99,- nvidia multimedia box, which isn't great at gaming at full speed, which is then faster then the nintendo machine, the difference with a xbox one would be enormous.

This is DEFFENITELY not a machine for me, its old technology, its slow, nintendo does it again, going for their own IP's own games and trying to sell a gimmick, with budget hardware.

I hope everything in this video isn't true and the machine is faster, this news is mind blowing
Love nintendo games, everybody who reads my posts knows im disappointed in their hardware, but if these specs are true its shocking, actually shocking. Worse then the WiiU specs where back when it was revealed.

seriously, how was this unexpected? It's a handheld... how powerful could it really be?

plenty of people here have been warning over and over again on these Switch/NX hype threads and constantly dismissed...

still I don't think it should be any dealbreaker, Nintendo handhelds are their strongest suit and this should be a pretty respectable one.

Around the Network

Wow, I don't think specs are everything for this system, but that is surprisingly low. 3rd party ports are likely going to have some trouble on this thing. I still have high hopes for its success, especially as a handheld, but still, to be weaker than an Nvidia Shield is surprising...

Wii u graphics on the go is still pretty good.

setsunatenshi said:
malistix1985 said:
wowww, if this is all accurate, and its slower then the $99,- nvidia multimedia box, which isn't great at gaming at full speed, which is then faster then the nintendo machine, the difference with a xbox one would be enormous.

This is DEFFENITELY not a machine for me, its old technology, its slow, nintendo does it again, going for their own IP's own games and trying to sell a gimmick, with budget hardware.

I hope everything in this video isn't true and the machine is faster, this news is mind blowing
Love nintendo games, everybody who reads my posts knows im disappointed in their hardware, but if these specs are true its shocking, actually shocking. Worse then the WiiU specs where back when it was revealed.

seriously, how was this unexpected? It's a handheld... how powerful could it really be?

plenty of people here have been warning over and over again on these Switch/NX hype threads and constantly dismissed...

still I don't think it should be any dealbreaker, Nintendo handhelds are their strongest suit and this should be a pretty respectable one.

they say its a home console.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

bigtakilla said:
Jranation said:

Unlike the Wii U, the Switch will get a Main Series Pokemon game, Probably a new monster hunter, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. 

With the time they had, and the power of the switch, they should have just kept the Wii U.

...... I dont get the point of your reply. Japan loves their handheld. The Switch Sales alone in Japan can outsell the Wii U LT WW. 

As long as those fanbases gets on the switch, then it will be good. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
malistix1985 said:

As someone who enjoys their home console offerings more though, even though this was expected, it sucks.

But I knew this was gonna happen. Well, cmon Xenoblade X-2. Doesn't seem there will be this big leap graphically for you, you may as well be revealed. ;)

malistix1985 said:
setsunatenshi said:

they say its a home console.

yeah, well... they say many things. we have a brain so we can think for ourselves. the moment it was rumored to be a 'hybrid', that obviously limits the hardware as a handheld.

the writing was on the wall for a LONG time, so I'm shocked that people are actually shocked by this o.0

now that expectations are correctly in check, will it be a nice handheld with good support and some cool games? if yes I might even buy it

Jranation said:
bigtakilla said:

With the time they had, and the power of the switch, they should have just kept the Wii U.

...... I dont get the point of your reply. Japan loves their handheld. The Switch Sales alone in Japan can outsell the Wii U LT WW. 

As long as those fanbases gets on the switch, then it will be good. 

If they released Pokemon Star, the LoZ, and even a handful of the games they stripped away from Wii U, maybe the Wii U wouldn't have sold as bad as it did.

Nautilus said:
Cant quite understand what this means.Other than tge fact that in handheld mode it is way weaker(Which can be compensated by the lower resolution), I dont know where this puts the Switch at in terms of power.Could someone elaborate for me?

Less than 1/3rd the power of an Xbox One, is what I can gather. 

I'm just laughing now looking at that thread saying how the Switch would have VR capabilities :D

these next few days will be amusing from an outsider's perspective :P