By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Nintendo Switch CPU and GPU clock speeds revealed

So again when rumours die out and truth shows out, the HW is quite weaker than most thought?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
daredevil.shark said:

In dock mode it's like Wii U (1/3 of Xbox one) and portable mode it's glorified PS Vita. No joke. Check other threads or neogaf.

Umm... According to neogaf...

FP32:

WiiU=176
Switch docked=393
Switch undocked=157
Vita=20
3DS=lol
XboxOne=1300

So no... It really isn't. Stop spreading nonsense please. Portable mode = wiiU, docked mode = 1/3 x1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226854040&postcount=1786

3DS=lol

XD

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Not exactly, in docked mode Switch is around 2.5x more powerful than Wii U on paper, but in real world performance even more because we are comparing Nvidia vs AMD, and fact that Switch has much more modern tech and architecture.

That's all fine and good, but Xbone is 6-8X more powerful than Xbox 360 if I'm not mistaken. 2-3X more powerful then Wii U is more than likely going to amount to 1080p Wii U games with some effects. 

I dont see how your post has anything with answer I gave...but that will be enough power in docked mode for Nintendo games running at 1080p, evre info is saying Switch will run games at higher resolution in docked mode, even Eurogamer in this last article.

haqqaton said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Umm... According to neogaf...

FP32:

WiiU=176
Switch docked=393
Switch undocked=157
Vita=20
3DS=lol
XboxOne=1300

So no... It really isn't. Stop spreading nonsense please. Portable mode = wiiU, docked mode = 1/3 x1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226854040&postcount=1786

3DS=lol

XD

Loll ikr

I will say that it really does show the giant leap the Switch will have when it comes to Nintendo handhelds tho :P

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

That's all fine and good, but Xbone is 6-8X more powerful than Xbox 360 if I'm not mistaken. 2-3X more powerful then Wii U is more than likely going to amount to 1080p Wii U games with some effects. 

I dont see how your post has anything with answer I gave...but that will be enough power in docked mode for Nintendo games running at 1080p, evre info is saying Switch will run games at higher resolution in docked mode, even Eurogamer in this last article.

But that's what it means outside of just numbers. 2.5X Wii U may sound like a lot, but it isn't.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
So because they got the concept right, they are going to be write about everything else? Come on guys. Sure, they are slightly0more reliable than your average site. But is that saying much? How hard is it to wait 24 days

So did you wait giving your opinion about the Switch specs?

"Call me crazy but I honestly don't see the Switch being much less powerful than the Xbox One or Playstation 4. People act like the Playstation 4 and Xbox One are significantly different in power but they really aren't, if I remember correctly Xbox One's issues with resolution have to do with microsoft having locked ERam usage for the first 2 years of the Xbox One's life. In reality, even if the Switch is slightly less powerful than the Xbox One, it won't be lagging behind compared to the PS4 or Xbox One, it will be almost the same."

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=223758&page=2#8

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=223758&page=2#10

Im bummed out its actually slower than the Tegra X1 normal chip.
Under 400 Gflops is too slow for 3rd party Multiplats that PS4 & XB1 gets.

I hope the 199$ is what the launch price turns out to be, and that they give it lots of good exclusives.

Volterra_90 said:
spemanig said:

Third party support from From Soft and Bethesda.

I think Skyrim and DS1-3 are achievable with those specs (not sure about DS3 though). That might be their support, nothing more.

Honesly, I'm thinking more along the lines of exclusives now. Like From working on a new Metroid or Bethesda working on Startropics or something.

Bethesda was very vocal about not supporting an underpowered Nintendo system, so that's the only thing that makes sense to me now.

haqqaton said:
bigtakilla said:

Haven't their been other options out on the market that can do this for a while now?

Maybe the hardware, yes,  but not with the games. I'll wait until 12th January to see what games they have prepared (first and third parties). I hope they launch something like Xenoblade Chronicles X too. It's already marvelous on Wii U (a weak hardware).

But they play Assassin's Creed IV.... Wasn't that the game we are talking about? I get what you're saying, it will play Nintendo games on a handheld at that resolution, but kind of disappointing home console primary players will have to deal with slightly better Wii U graphics for 5 more years because they wanted to rush a hybrid on the scene. And to think, one of the reasons they delayed the Switch was to give it more power presumably.

DonFerrari said:
So again when rumours die out and truth shows out, the HW is quite weaker than most thought?

Werent most rumors saying it was 2-3 times as powerful as Wii U and isnt this pretty much saing it is 2-3 times as powerful as Wii U?

I dont understand the sudden outrage when it is essentially what we have been hearing all along.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.