By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I just missed my flight for the stupidest reason ever...

So I have to be at a company conferance in San Diego, and that's great right? We get paid, and are even given a couple days to sightsee and do whatever... Yippee! Oh wait, that doesn't happen with me. Now I was waiting an hour before boarding, and I waited and waited as they where unable to process my boarding pass because there is something wrong with their system, and after 45 minutes it works! Oh, but it's too late, as they can't get me in he gate in time (even though security is empty). So I was suppose to get to San Diego at 11 am, and I'll be there at 11, only it'll be dark and I'l be tired as hell. Now I forgot to mention that they wanted 250$ to rebook me for their mistake, so I of course lost my shit. Long story short, I got the tickets for free, and I get a 250$ credit for any westjet flight i take in the next year. Of course I have 2 layovers now in Seatle and Phoenix (how does this make any sense at all?) vs my direct flight before. Fuck!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Flying is a fucking nightmare. sorry for your troubles.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well, that didn't go as smoothly as it could have. Hope you have some solid entertainment with you at least.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Normchacho said:
Flying is a fucking nightmare. sorry for your troubles.

Thanks. Well I guess tomorrow is going to be fun...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I really think there needs to be a better backup plan than "let your customer with his ticket stand there and watch his plane fly off" when their net connection is down for an hour and they can't connect to their servers to see that you haven't just randomly printed off a ticket in the hopes their system would not be able to accept it at the time, I mean would it be so hard for someone there to write down your reference number and to later check you as having gone on the flight when it worked? Say the system comes back and you got your flight when you were not meant to ... so fucking what? there was an empty seat on the plane for you and you took it, no real financial loss for the airline, instead the way they handle these things costs them customers.

Was like Wrestlemania last year, insane delays getting people into the stadium because their fancy new system didn't want to connect, fuck it, "show ticket" in you go, good stuff sorted.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Did you put super6646 on your boarding pass instead of barney by mistake?

That's pretty f'd up.

Kerotan said:

I'll be honest when I seen who made the thread I thought the reason was going to be that the Delay between saying Legend and Dary was so long that the flight left.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Kerotan said:

I'll be honest when I seen who made the thread I thought the reason was going to be that the Delay between saying Legend and Dary was so long that the flight left.

Hahaha. Sigh*

barneystinson69 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Hahaha. Sigh*

Well if that had been the case at least the title would have been 100% accurate :D

THIS FLIGHT IS GOING TO BE LEGEND

WAIT FOR IT....

WAIT......

no wait....

*plane flies off*

....fuck