By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Boy, 12, 'tried to detonate nail bomb' in Germany

VGPolyglot said:
Hapuc12 said:

So there is a god if big bang happened something must have "will it to happen"since you can't say from nothing came everything that doesn't make sence.

But you believe god doesn't exist so you believe in something doesn't that contradict Athiesm belief in nothing.

And you say Atheism is lack of believe ok ,you are a gamer i don't know which platform you prefer but let's say you prefer PS4 you chose that console because you believe that console gives you the best experience out of other so that still is some sort of belief

And Trying to disprove God with our narrow knowledge of physics is like being given only a hammer to build a house. Every problem looks like a nail.

But if they exist in like you say other reality so that means that they still exist and you must take into account infinite parallel universes exists so in many of those universes could exist a god (or many gods) and even an afterlife. And who knows? Maybe our universe is one of those and or all of our universes could have been created by Omnipotent god.

It's not up to us to disprove God. We are not the ones who came up with the original claim that God doesn't exist because there obviously must have been someone beforehand that said that God does exist. Also, we don't claim to know how everything came into being, instead we believe that it's better to admit that we don't know instead of trying trying to come up with something that hasn't been proven.

But is it not better to have something to believe in the end then to believe in nothing,since from a lot of examples i saw people become Religios wanting a fulfilling life, or because they had a genuine religious experience,but people become atheist because they were bullied,they are self loathing,have suicidal thoughts etc etc some sort of trubled past.

And If atheism is true, then our minds are reducible to physics. Since physics is fundamentally deterministic,then we have no free will do we.

God created science,so atheists belief that everything can be proven with science would not be possible without God,and wasn't a Religios person who invented Scienctific method in the first place.

Science is always based on faith because you never know what the result of an experiment will be (Which is why you perform the experiment in the first place and not just jot down what will happen).

And trying to disprove God within the confines of our physics that we know is impossible.

But evolution is not proven big bang is not proven,surely if evolution was not guided by a God, then we would not have evolved minds geared toward truth, only survival and without belief in god we would never achieve the Scientific Acompliments in last 50-60 years would we,we would all be just trying to survive not evolve and take a next step in evolution.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Oh, I think one of the biggest differences you aren't acknowledging is Asian parents tend to show interest in their children succeeding in school and life in general.

If more people regardless of ethnicity did the same, you'd get surprisingly great results regardless of their financial situation.

In a nutshell, shit kids tend to have shit parents.

And you don't think that there are Arabs that care about their children? Do you know any Muslims at all?

Your question has nothing to do with what I said.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Hapuc12 said:

So there is a god if big bang happened something must have "will it to happen"since you can't say from nothing came everything that doesn't make sence.

[...]

You should look up vacuum fluctuations. There is coming something from nothing all the time!

I mean, it's pretty obvious you don't know too much about physics, my best advice therefor would be for you just to not talk about it too much. Believe whatever you want to, but don't try to convinve other people of it and try to downplay what science has achieved. That would be very nice of you, thanks.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Hapuc12 said:

[...]

You should look up vacuum fluctuations. There is coming something from nothing all the time!

I mean, it's pretty obvious you don't know too much about physics, my best advice therefor would be for you just to not talk about it too much. Believe whatever you want to, but don't try to convinve other people of it and try to downplay what science has achieved. That would be very nice of you, thanks.

So there must be a place that is coming from come you really want to tell me that something is coming from nothing seriously and as i am reading now they are temporary it can pop up in a very short time interval this planet has existed for about 4.5 bilion years but very short time inded.Sure maybe i don't know a lot of about physics but i know enough.

And i'm not convincing anybody about anything i'm just trying to find what makes people believe in nothing which is irony in it's self imo but people can do what ever they want and believe or not believe in anything they want.

And from what i see science was mostly achieved with some sort of religios belief (Muslim scientist called Ibn al-Haytham invented Scientific method )

I never said anything bad about science i said science would not be possible without some sort of belief imo.

Hapuc12 said:

[...]

is coming from nothing seriously and as i am reading now they are temporary it can pop up in a very short time interval this planet has existed for about 4.5 bilion years but very short time inded.Sure maybe i don't know a lot of about physics but i know enough.

And i'm not convincing anybody about anything i'm just trying to find what makes people believe in nothing which is irony in it's self imo but people can do what ever they want and believe or not believe in anything they want.

And from what i see science was mostly achieved with some sort of religios belief (Muslim scientist called Ibn al-Haytham invented Scientific method )

I never said anything bad about science i said science would not be possible without some sort of belief imo.

I can only speak for myself. The thing is, I don't "believe" anything at all. I just look at possible explanations. Do I think the big bang happened with 100 % certainty? hell nah. But it's the explanation that makes the most sense to me right now. Then again, the origins and fate of the universe don't affect my life one bit, so I don't worry too much about it in the first place. It's nice to think about every now and then, but we will never have a definitive answer to that topic. 

I also refuse to jsut believe something in every other regard. If something is proven right by countless experiments, like relativity for example, that is something that I consider a fact. It's not about believing though. It's about knowing. Just because I don't know something doesn't mean I have to make something up to believe in. I can also just accept the fact that I do not know everything about this world. Simple as that.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Hapuc12 said:

[...]

is coming from nothing seriously and as i am reading now they are temporary it can pop up in a very short time interval this planet has existed for about 4.5 bilion years but very short time inded.Sure maybe i don't know a lot of about physics but i know enough.

I can only speak for myself. The thing is, I don't "believe" anything at all. I just look at possible explanations. Do I think the big bang happened with 100 % certainty? hell nah. But it's the explanation that makes the most sense to me right now. Then again, the origins and fate of the universe don't affect my life one bit, so I don't worry too much about it in the first place. It's nice to think about every now and then, but we will never have a definitive answer to that topic. 

I also refuse to jsut believe something in every other regard. If something is proven right by countless experiments, like relativity for example, that is something that I consider a fact. It's not about believing though. It's about knowing. Just because I don't know something doesn't mean I have to make something up to believe in. I can also just accept the fact that I do not know everything about this world. Simple as that.

I'm completely fine with that you don't believe in anything that is your thing and i don't have a problem with people believing not believing that is there choice.

I'm just trying to figure out when people Say god doesn't exist but don't have any proof to back that up and also trying to figure out why many atheists say religion any religion is Bad and all evil came from Religion when in fact that is not true.

That is the thing that i'm trying to figure out with atheist nothing else.

Hapuc12 said:
OdinHades said:

I'm completely fine with that you don't believe in anything that is your thing and i don't have a problem with people believing not believing that is there choice.

I'm just trying to figure out when people Say god doesn't exist but don't have any proof to back that up and also trying to figure out why many atheists say religion any religion is Bad and all evil came from Religion when in fact that is not true.

Okay, so why do you claim that God does exist? If it's irrational to say that he doesn't, it should work the other way around too.

Hapuc12 said:
setsunatenshi said:

big bang? the best visual evidence for the big bang was provided by the cosmic microwave background radiation and it's red shift, meaning that not only the universe is still expanding, but actually keeps expanding at an increased rate instead of slowing down like some older physics models proposed.

if you are genuinely curious about astronomy you have literally an entire universe to discover. even a mild usage of wikipedia should cover some of the basics without you needing a degree in physics. although this has still nothing to do with the lack of evidence for any sort of god.

i find funny the idea regarding the god of the gaps in which humans tend to insert god into anything that is currently unknown. that's why Zeus used to be the god responsible for lightning. when earthquakes happened it would mean the gods would be angry, so let's sacrifice some virgins. when people would get sick, it must have been spirits or demons entering their body, miracles would happen all the time before cameras and video was invented... nowadays when we have an explanation for pretty much everything that used to me attributed to gods, the current gods are limited to hiding away in some alternate reality or beyond this universe.

so actually if you think about it, the position that until any of those gods are proven true you should simply be skeptic and thus an atheist, is the default one.

i'm guessing you're an atheist regarding most of the gods that people thought existed with the exception of the specific one you believe right now. i'm just going 1 god further than you :)

the lack of religion is not a religion

But you believe god doesn't exist so you believe in something doesn't that contradict Athiesm belief in nothing.

And you say Atheism is lack of believe ok ,you are a gamer i don't know which platform you prefer but let's say you prefer PS4 you chose that console because you believe that console gives you the best experience out of other so that still is some sort of belief

And Trying to disprove God with our narrow knowledge of physics is like being given only a hammer to build a house. Every problem looks like a nail.

But if they exist in like you say other reality so that means that they still exist and you must take into account infinite parallel universes exists so in many of those universes could exist a god (or many gods) and even an afterlife. And who knows? Maybe our universe is one of those and or all of our universes could have been created by Omnipotent god.

you really shouldn't talk about physics if you do not understand the basics of it, especially not with someone whose university degree is in physics.

also there is no 'before' the big bang, since for all we know time and space literally began with the big bang, so if time did not exist, there is no 'before'

it's fine to believe whatever you want, it's not my job to try and convince you otherwise and I really don't care to convince anyone their particular god probably does not exist. just realize you have no evidence for it and definitely do not try to push it as a default position. man created god in its own image, not the other way around

VGPolyglot said:
Hapuc12 said:

Okay, so why do you claim that God does exist? If it's irrational to say that he doesn't, it should work the other way around too.

Well on religion side We have Bible,Quran,Torah etc etc books that have existed for 1000+ years telling for example how God helped Moses Split the red sea etc etc.

But i never said it is irrational i'm just finding it odd that Atheist are so against anything religios belief that some even think it's the source off all evil nothing else,that's the thing that boggles my mind.

But i don't want to debate (let's call it a debate) anymore people can choose to believe anything they want or too believe in nothing at all.

Hapuc12 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well on religion side We have Bible,Quran,Torah etc etc books that have existed for 1000+ years telling for example how God helped Moses Split the red sea etc etc.

But i never said it is irrational i'm just finding it odd that Atheist are so against anything religios belief that some even think it's the source off all evil nothing else,that's the thing that boggles my mind.

But i don't want to debate (let's call it a debate) anymore people can choose to believe anything they want or too believe in nothing at all.

Yeah, and Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology and Roman mythology are thousands of years old too, does that mean they're correct as well? And if so, how can everyone be correct? Obviously religion isn't the source of all evil, but there's no denying the violent implications of religious texts.