By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I have given up my hate for xbox Edit: PSYCHE

VGPolyglot said:
AsGryffynn said:

As a fan of another system, I will never do this kind of shit and do not understand people who do. If you don't like the system you're free to bash it, but don't bash people who do like the damned piece of plastic. It's a waste of energy and time and money and other stuff... 

Unless they started it and you want to fight back, thus making sense for you to want to slice their heads off... 

If so, you're better off waiting until the Scorpio's out... 

If that were the case, shouldn't I hate PC gaming? Honestly, it gives me a headache, but for unrelated reasons... 

I hate that Sony allows these games into their console and apparently, when someone wants to localize a galge they are blocked for some reason. Games like ReWrite and Grisaia haven't been localized even though devs intended this. 

In other words, Sony's enforcing a double standard by allowing otoge and not allowing galge... 

Can you link me to articles that are showing this? I have never heard anything about it. Could you also show me instances of Microsoft reacting differently to Sony if you do provide me links?

Please don't. If you're able to, all you have to do's try and look it up... 

I do know Grisaia was slated for a localization we know nothing off anymore. I also know there was another game whose name I cannot remember. Then there was the World End Economica localization thing slated for January or so... Muv Luv and whatnot. All of them delayed continously and some outright cancelled. For some reason however, the Vita was still seeing localizations of Code Realize and Hakuoki... Ask Aksys or IFI why they haven't localized their non otome VNs... You will hear nothing but chirping in the background... 

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
d21lewis said:

Me too. I bashed the original Xbox so hard that I caused my GF's son to trade it in for a Gameboy Advance. I don't think I've ever gotten over the guilt. She and I aren't together anymore and he's now in his mid twenties but I've bought him an Xbox 360s one year and an Xbox One for Christmas, last year!

And I'm a huge Xbox fan, now.

All of which I think might've been hysterical and unnecessary... 

Then again, I destroyed my PSVita recently and then sent an email to IFI and Aksys with an strongly worded letter telling them I'd never buy a game from them unless they obliterated their otoge lineup... 

Really, he and I are still friends. I think he was like ten or twelve at the time. One of my favorite people in the world and i just like gaming with him.

But yeah, sometimes we take gaming to obscene levels. We're passionate fans of the hobby.

AsGryffynn said:
VGPolyglot said:

Can you link me to articles that are showing this? I have never heard anything about it. Could you also show me instances of Microsoft reacting differently to Sony if you do provide me links?

I do know Grisaia was slated for a localization we know nothing off anymore. I also know there was another game whose name I cannot remember. Then there was the World End Economica localization thing slated for January or so... Muv Luv and whatnot. All of them delayed continously and some outright cancelled. For some reason however, the Vita was still seeing localizations of Code Realize and Hakuoki... Ask Aksys or IFI why they haven't localized their non otome VNs... You will hear nothing but chirping in the background... 

How do you know that it was Sony's decision to not localize?

VGPolyglot said:
AsGryffynn said:

Devs tried to and ran into problems with Sony... 

AsGryffynn said:
VGPolyglot said:

I still don't get what you mean, because there seem to be quite a bit of visual novels that are directed towards men, why else would there be so much fanservice?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
AsGryffynn said:

I still don't get what you mean, because there seem to be quite a bit of visual novels that are directed towards men, why else would there be so much fanservice?

On Sony's system? Yes. Localized? 

d21lewis said:
pray4mojo said:
This was me back in 2001-2003. lol

Me too. I bashed the original Xbox so hard that I caused my GF's son to trade it in for a Gameboy Advance. I don't think I've ever gotten over the guilt. She and I aren't together anymore and he's now in his mid twenties but I've bought him an Xbox 360s one year and an Xbox One for Christmas, last year!

And I'm a huge Xbox fan, now.

Isn't it funny how irrational we can be about a piece of plastic? With all there is actually wrong with the world, it's that little rectangular chunk of plastic that must die. lol

shikamaru317 said:

Welcome to the world of gaming neutrality. It's infinitely better than being a fanboy for just one system, you get to experience alot more games if you own everything. I have Xbox, 3DS, and PC so far, and will be opening up a PS4 Pro on Christmas morning. Just need to get a Switch now and I'll be covered for awhile.

This is a myth.

d21lewis said:
Sunset Overdrive is bae.