By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Limitedrungames discussion

xl-klaudkil said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I might have to get Firewatch and Salt and Sactuary. I'm a big fan of physical media, especially because I can sell back any game that turns out bad, or share any game that turns out great :)

Oceanhorn  and salt and sanctuary  are in my dreamlist of indies getting  a physical  release! 

Can't  freaking  wait.

Dougie also confirmed  more jprgs  and shmups coming  next  year(they have 100 games already  signed) 

Did you ever get Retro City Rampage on Vita and/or PS4? It wasn't Limited Run, it was through VBlank, but still very cool.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Oceanhorn  and salt and sanctuary  are in my dreamlist of indies getting  a physical  release! 

Can't  freaking  wait.

Dougie also confirmed  more jprgs  and shmups coming  next  year(they have 100 games already  signed) 

Did you ever get Retro City Rampage on Vita and/or PS4? It wasn't Limited Run, it was through VBlank, but still very cool.

Yes sir got the second  run they made with the psp case, vblank also personal  confirmed  there next game hawaii will also release physical. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Oh shit definitely going to try to get strangers wrath.

KLXVER said:
xl-klaudkil said:

It seems Microsoft  and Nintendo  don't  allow smaller print  run  of games( sometimes  lrg are only 2400)

Oh ok. Could they make indie games that are Sony exclusive and make them for the XB1 or WiiU?

No,if they  would get into a partnership  with  sony   there games ofcourse  would be sony systems  only,same with ninty  and Microsoft. 

The  big dream  is ofcourse  bigger  companies  see the results  of the  success  of these  2 guys and will  also release  there smaller games physical 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Yes sir got the second  run they made with the psp case, vblank also personal  confirmed  there next game hawaii will also release physical. 

Me too!

So excited for Shakedown Hawaii. Pumped to hear its getting a physical release.

Around the Network

I'm not a big fan, because they are basically creating artificial scarcity by purposefully releasing at low numbers and never reprinting/restocking.

VGPolyglot said:
I'm not a big fan, because they are basically creating artificial scarcity by purposefully releasing at low numbers and never reprinting/restocking.

Without LRG most of these games would only be available digitally.  This model lets them stay in business and get some of us rare titles on a physical format.  As a small business owner myself I understand many of the issues they deal with in regards to warehousing and value of certainty.

Personally I love that they exist and just wish they had more opportunities to release more games.  Excited about partnership with Sekai Project for 2017.

*reads thread, looks at some games*

...yeah, I must say I agree with Turkish on most everything he said. Thanks for this thread though, wouldn't be aware of them at all without it.

Turkish said:
xl-klaudkil said:

You mean scalpers? Or was that directed  to me?

Because  if ya would  know me i dont  buy games i'am  not interested  in.

Bought  almost  all of the lrg games. 

Will only  get  Firewatch  though. 

But can't  wait  for oceanhorn  and salt and sanctuary. 

My comment is directed in general, to all the hoarders who scalp games and dont play them. You actually play those lrg games or you keep them in the shrink wrap to be put on the shelf?

I must say lrg found a nice business, they know hoarders will buy anything, even bad indie games on disc so long as they're limited.

For PS4 I agree. But each Vita title is beautiful in its own capacity! Yeah... I'm buying them by default of trying to collect a full Western Vita collection. I do play most games, but the LRG I keep sealed as I already own them digitally for the most part.

It's not about scalping people though. It's about keeping a hobby I had with my dad going after he passed. They're quite simply not for sale.

As for people criticising they're model, again on ps4 I get it, but on Vita it seems to be a model that creates a bigger production run than a main release would now create.

Shovel knight had an open pre order, its volumes were lower than LRGs bigger production run Vita releases which still sell out in a few hours.

It was similar with the re-release of Retro City Rampage on PS4. They were bombarded with people begging for a second print. Then opened pre orders and barely shifted any.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Augen said:
VGPolyglot said:

Without LRG most of these games would only be available digitally.  This model lets them stay in business and get some of us rare titles on a physical format.  As a small business owner myself I understand many of the issues they deal with in regards to warehousing and value of certainty.

Personally I love that they exist and just wish they had more opportunities to release more games.  Excited about partnership with Sekai Project for 2017.

Well, the problem comes when there are those who want one of the games but can't afford it or miss the small timeframe that it is available for, which leaves many unable to receive the game.