By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ARK dev: PS4 Pro performance equal to $900 gaming PC

Hapuc12 said:

You want someone to watch a 35 minute video of some guy explaining how PC is better for about a 500$ and all the games he reviewed except last 2 we're not even Patched and the last two games (TitanFall and COD) patched look better on Pro then on that build from what i saw.

I didn't watch the whole video but i think that was a pointles link.

You thought it was pointsless because you didn't want to watch it. Doesn't make for sound logic tbh. Just you pointing out that you cba watching a link.

Also: 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Radeon RX 480.

Games from a few years back will probably run at 1440p, but new upcoming titles probably wouldn't. maybe max 1080p

RX 490 coming out next year: 

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/amd-vega-showcased-running-doom-in-4k-at-60fps/

Then of course there will also be the 1080ti as well.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Can we place a moratorium on conversations like this?

Just because Sony made the PS4 Pro, Sony fans don't suddenly need to sing its praises and act like bleeding edge tech is important to them. You like the Sony ecosystem because of its games, not because it rivals a high-end PC experience (it doesn't, by the way).

If you really care about the fastest frame rates, highest resolution, and largest number of customization options, you'd invest in a powerful rig. But you don't. You like the games available on PS4, and wouldn't like them less if they ran at 720p and 30 fps.

Let's just be honest with ourselves.

Thankyou! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RavenXtra said:
Ark devs talking about performance

Good one.

My thoughts exactly, ARK must be the poorest optimized game since Crysis 1.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Just because Sony made the PS4 Pro, Sony fans don't suddenly need to sing its praises and act like bleeding edge tech is important to them. You like the Sony ecosystem because of its games, not because it rivals a high-end PC experience (it doesn't, by the way).

If you really care about the fastest frame rates, highest resolution, and largest number of customization options, you'd invest in a powerful rig. But you don't. You like the games available on PS4, and wouldn't like them less if they ran at 720p and 30 fps.

Tired of seeing the same old threads where they churn out the same kind of wars over and over.

I play on what I want to play. You don't see me making threads of PC vs PS4P all the time. Hell the last few threads I made were on games themselves. There is nothing to gain with threads like these anyway, all they result in is negative discussions and outcomes.

I'm also happy with 1080p, thinking of moving up to 1440p next year, but I don't remotely care for 4k. 60fps and above is what I want and I'll build to meet that desire.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Thankyou! 

Well you can always not enter the thread, it seems like a reasonable enough convo from my perspective. This isn't a circle jerk thread by any stretch.

DonFerrari said:
Barkley said:

Presumably higher than $900.

Scorpio will be in 1 year, so yep should be about the same, the decrease on the cost of PC together with the raise in performance should match.

Based on what? The comparison is wrong right from the start. In terms of performance, you can easily outdo the PS4P with less than $900 and I think it is really worrying that you are going to argue *for* the OP - there is no need for that. The PS4P is already the strongest console available today and nothing is wrong with that. No need to do comparisons, no matter what the guy from ARK said, it's wrong.

Then again, how do you come to the conclusion that a 1.8TF bump would be the same "value" in one year, paired with more and faster ram and a potentially better CPU? How much do you think the PS4P will have in value in one year and can you make a reasonable list that the difference will be exactly what will result in the Scorpio? No, you can't.

Chazore said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Tired of seeing the same old threads where they churn out the same kind of wars over and over.

I play on what I want to play. You don't see me making threads of PC vs PS4P all the time. Hell the last few threads I made were on games themselves. There is nothing to gain with threads like these anyway, all they result in is negative discussions and outcomes.

I'm also happy with 1080p, thinking of moving up to 1440p next year, but I don't remotely care for 4k. 60fps and above is what I want and I'll build to meet that desire.

Not all of us are that bothered about the games so much but like the tech behind it, or just like hammering out a bit of debate.

Nothing negative going on here, I've learned something myself here and can't say that in most threads on the internet!

Chazore said:
walsufnir said:

The point of the thread is that someone made a silly comment about a console and made an even worse comparison and ruler thought this would make a good thread.

Truth is ps4p is not comparable to such a pc.

He always thinks it's a good time to make a thread where he pits the PS4P against a PC to make the PC side look terrible. It's either piracy or really bad optimization when it comes to these type of vs threads. I'm expecting another time in the next few weeks to months where he posts yet another thread that makes PS4P look miles better than PC or a thread that once again puts PC in the negative spotlight.

He is obviously posting with an agenda which is ok, many do that, either in making threads or posts.

What is really annoying is that either he doesn't even really participate in the discussion later on *OR* is completely resistant to arguments from others, like almost every time. I can't imagine a user here who has been proven wrong so many times. But I have to say that somehow he still thinks he is right and he really thinks that his view on many topics is ok so there is that.

UnderstatedCornHole said:

Not all of us are that bothered about the games so much but like the tech behind it, or just like hammering out a bit of debate.

Nothing negative going on here, I've learned something myself here and can't say that in most threads on the internet!

I noticed that you made a similar reply beforehand. I wasn't thinking of quoting, but now you've decided to come to me regardless.

What you claim isn't negative, doesn't apply to me or others that perceive differently from you. I've seen these kind of vs threads time and time again all over the net for years and no, they don't end well, not by a long shot. Those that do end well are in the extreme minority.

You could also just not make such a thread and just go on with life, not having to create a vs thread.