By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ARK dev: PS4 Pro performance equal to $900 gaming PC

Didn't know Ark was happening on PS4.

Around the Network

Doesn't matter. This game isn't happening on PS4. Sony isn't allowing Early Access games and Ark will never be complete. The developers don't want to release a 'complete' game.

This thread reminds me of that time I got curious and decided to give my Guinea Pig's salt block a lick.

Ruler said:

30-45 FPS for the regular PS4 (which renders ARK’s environment at either at 680p or 720p depending on whether you have “Detailed Graphics” selected)

Am i the only who finds this way more important(or should i say disturbing) than the PC comparison?

Wtf is with that PS4Pro performance? Other games are running at 1800p and arc can only reach 1080!?

Also, he's wrong about that $900 PC. I could buy a gtx 1060 right now for $250 and the total cost of my rig would barely exceed $900, and that's including the $200 I spent on the gtx960 that I currently have.

Around the Network

PS4 Pro is no match for a GTX 970.
It's R460 which is considerably down the pile.
On the very absolute lower edge of middle range for today's graphics cards and that is being generous.
Researched consensus.

You can build a competing gaming PC for far less than $900 equivalent even here in the UK. I'd say approximately $500-$550 if being extremely selective.

Captain_Yuri said:

I knew it would be a ruler thread since only Ruler and iNathan only make threads like this.

I think I linked enough PC builds in the past to show how false that is but hey look guys! The price is going down with every new thread! Before it was $1000, now its $900! Eventually we will get to the actual price though.

Also

"30-45 FPS for the regular PS4 (which renders ARK’s environment at either at 680p or 720p depending on whether you have “Detailed Graphics” selected)

On the PS4 Pro, 60 FPS at 720p,or 30-60 FPS at 1080p, depending on “Detailed Graphics” setting."

Jesus Christ! How on earth did they manage that? Specially a ps4 pro running at 720p? Wtf

Just goes to show how badly the game runs but sure.

Yeah but PS4 Pro drops in price various times as well, like it did on Cybermonday for $330. I saw it several times for 350€ on Amazon.

onionberry said:

these guys are the new joke of the gaming community, ps4 pro perfomance equal to $900 gaming PC.... they should fix the performance of the game first! or maybe they say that because  a $900 can't run their unoptimized game lol

True but lets not forget it runs bad on all platforms equally, PS4 Pro is still 900$ PC performance according to him which is interesting 

Hard to believe. Built my pc 5 years ago with 600 bucks and just added in a gtx 1060 for 300. I get 60fps on everything game maxed out at 1080p. 2500k the gift that keeps on giving.

Trunkin said:
Wtf is with that PS4Pro performance? Other games are running at 1800p and arc can only reach 1080!?

Also, he's wrong about that $900 PC. I could buy a gtx 1060 right now for $250 and the total cost of my rig would barely exceed $900, and that's including the $200 I spent on the gtx960 that I currently have.

I can drop a new GPU into my "Last Generation" PC and smash the PS4 Pro into next week for $350 AUD or less. (PS4 pro is $550-$600 AUD).
And still get cheaper games, free online. - And that's Australia, where nothing is cheap. Not even beer.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Could you imagine how well it would run if a good developer made it?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.