By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The US and it's allies orchestrated the War in Syria - UN press conference

numberwang said:
We know that most of the Obama supported "rebels" were Islamic Terrorist. Can somebody provide some sourced inside to why the US would support the overthrow of Assad?

supposedly control of oil and gas and especially the ability to have gas pipelines go through Syria to Europe to compete with Russian interests as long as Assad is in power that is not an option.

Around the Network
Rab said:
Zkuq said:
You mean the US had a hand in trying to overthrow the government of a country it didn't like? Truly shocking!

More seriously though, I'm not sure about the extent of those actions, and I'm not watching a 52-minute video just to find that out. The shorter video didn't even touch that subject, and was a waste of my time (which is going to make be reconsider watching even short videos even more strongly that before).

This may help - 18 mins (Eva Bartlett, Independent Canadian Journalist comments in detail) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQLu-icHCd4

That's certainly interesting but I'm not exactly sure why I should just take her word, either.  Most of it was very subjective and had to do with "the people she talked to" on one of her four trips there.

It also felt kind of odd that she seemed to be going out of her way to make Russia look like the white knight of the situation.

I got the impression that she had an agenda of her own.

The "corporate media is lying about everything" seemed to turn into "their sources are bad".  She then talked about how the big media organizations had no direct sources but then she talked about going on a trip there with journalists from those organizations?  Wouldn't they be as credible as her?  She also never gave a real reason as to why every media outlet would lie.

I dunno.  It was interesting, like I said, but it's not like I'm just going to assume that her version is gospel.

Acevil said:

Wait, is this news? Next thing you know you are going to tell me, US and Allies interfered with Libya and other countries that had Arab springs like rebellions.

Is the public really unaware that the allies fund "freedom fighters" that rebel against nation dictators or conquerors? 

The general American public is really ignorant about the world politics and antics of USA in the world. They ive in this bubble and that's mostly why they think USA is the greatest and other non sense like that

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

hunter_alien said:
UN is the pawn of Putin, and the Kremlin is paying serious petrodollars to bring the Crash Team Racing exclusively to next generation ICBMS!

Yeah anyone that speaks against USA, the greatest country in history, is a pawn of Russia and will always be wrong no matter what. America always does right and is so righteous that the world cannot even handle its righteousness. The world has been given such a gift in America that it's almost criminal to have such an outstanding and shining country among the filthy countries of the world. All praise the marvellous country wi=hich never errs nor has any faults. No one in their right minds can or should ever criticise America, except american comedians.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

SvennoJ said:
History keeps repeating itself until people actually bother to learn from it. A good start is watching the untold history of the United states, although it goes pretty fast and assumes some basic knowledge of 1940 until now. It exposes propaganda and media manipulation with simple facts and recorded statements while tying lots of events together throughout the past 70 years.

It's ofcourse not just the USA that retells it history to fit their agenda. I grew up in the Netherlands which also whitewashed their involvement in slavery, colonialism and apartheid in school history lessons, while glorifying the UK and US and vilifying the USSR. And that while the US wanted to station nukes in the Netherlands so I guess we would get hit first in case of WW3...

Anyway it's not like the facts are hidden, they're just not very popular. Truth < fantasy.

People should pay more time to history from 1850-1935, pre-war history is far more important then war-histories because we know war is bad but when will Tv, Movies or education tell us how things esculates into a war in the first place. There is plenty more to it then the information we have been shared that is important these days to know and who bothers to go to seminars to listen to Historians?  i guess it's easier for me to keep track on European History but there should be plenty of stories in US as well, deceit and political gains rarely differ.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network
Baryonyx said:

People should pay more time to history from 1850-1935, pre-war history is far more important then war-histories because we know war is bad but when will Tv, Movies or education tell us how things esculates into a war in the first place. There is plenty more to it then the information we have been shared that is important these days to know and who bothers to go to seminars to listen to Historians?  i guess it's easier for me to keep track on European History but there should be plenty of stories in US as well, deceit and political gains rarely differ.

Funny you mention those years. Fact: The event that sparked the war in 1898 was the explosion of a US ship in Cuba. The explosion was a mystery but Democrats pushed the Republican government into a war with Spain, on the suspicion that Spain was behind it. Quite a few people think it was an inside job. At the end of the war, the US were successful in a regime change, ending Spain’s hold of the Caribbean. Sounds familiar? The US also took a few of the colonies for themselves, but call ‘em territories.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Acevil said:

Wait, is this news? Next thing you know you are going to tell me, US and Allies interfered with Libya and other countries that had Arab springs like rebellions.

Is the public really unaware that the allies fund "freedom fighters" that rebel against nation dictators or conquerors? 

Well, the easiest tell of who is most involved in the back dealings is in the response. France responded moreso than any other country as they were trying to clean up their mess. The conflict within Syria has far more to do with Russia than the US, but of course the US is involved. Just not at the same level.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pokoko said:
Rab said:

This may help - 18 mins (Eva Bartlett, Independent Canadian Journalist comments in detail) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQLu-icHCd4

That's certainly interesting but I'm not exactly sure why I should just take her word, either.  Most of it was very subjective and had to do with "the people she talked to" on one of her four trips there.

It also felt kind of odd that she seemed to be going out of her way to make Russia look like the white knight of the situation.

I got the impression that she had an agenda of her own.

The "corporate media is lying about everything" seemed to turn into "their sources are bad".  She then talked about how the big media organizations had no direct sources but then she talked about going on a trip there with journalists from those organizations?  Wouldn't they be as credible as her?  She also never gave a real reason as to why every media outlet would lie.

I dunno.  It was interesting, like I said, but it's not like I'm just going to assume that her version is gospel.

Well, you have to remember the audience. VGC is a UK based site with far more European traffic than most game centered forums. It's easy for people to take her for her word as it confirms what they already believe to be true.

Syria has quite a bit of information out there about the ongoing problems and war crimes. I encourage people to look into the Syrian Accountability Project.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ah.. the West & US interventions
It's nothing new. They have been doing this for decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2NkjNvwuaU
Obama admitted training ISIS/ISIL...

What he said was not a slip up, Obama was looking down and reading a document.

No way!!