By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Nintendo World! New name + Art Work for Nintendo's Theme Park!

Liking this one!

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Nautilus said:

As I said in the other post, I think just the overall theme will be around Mario, but when you go closer to the part that belongs to Zelda, for example, you should start to see the theme shifting to a more Zelda-like appearance.I think its just that the overall theme park will be made around the Mario Ip, which is mooooore than enough for now.

No, I think there's just no Zelda attraction yet. It's just Mario, DK, and Yoshi to start, as per the rumors.

Well, I find it hard they are going to skip IP like Zelda and Pokemon, even if its only skipping in the first year.But who knows?I personally think there will be more, but anything is game at this point.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
spemanig said:

No, I think there's just no Zelda attraction yet. It's just Mario, DK, and Yoshi to start, as per the rumors.

Well, I find it hard they are going to skip IP like Zelda and Pokemon, even if its only skipping in the first year.But who knows?I personally think there will be more, but anything is game at this point.

I think they'll obviously be represented there, but you're probably not getting a real attraction until maybe 3 years after opening at the earliest. Super Nintendo World will be Super Mario World for a long while.

Also, I frankly don't think we'll ever see a real Pokemon attraction. Pokemon and Nintendo have a very weird relationship. I can see something like a Pokemon Safari Snap ride in DK Jungle or something like that way down the road, but that's it. I don't think you'll ever see a dedicated Pokemon Land in SNW. TPC would rather have their own theme park than be part of Nintendo's. Their mobile efforts have been independant of Nintendo, their film efforts are independant of Nintendo, and I'm sure their themeparks will be largely independant of Nintendo as well.

I have long time dreamed about playing Mariokart for real..

I mean.. 8-12 bumbercars.. a touchscreen besides the wreel that show items.. and then laser/projektor that show the red/green muchrooms and bananas on the track.. turbo and slow down is easy to make.. and so is led on bumbercar to show power stars.

Think we may get some like this now.. :)

FromDK said:

I mean.. 8-12 bumbercars.. a touchscreen besides the wreel that show items.. and then laser/projektor that show the red/green muchrooms and bananas on the track.. turbo and slow down is easy to make.. and so is led on bumbercar to show power stars.

Judging by the patents, it will definitely not be a bumper car lol. I also doubt you'll see any projections lol.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

I'm blown away at how dead this thread is. This news is huge.

With regards to Pokemon, I think it will be a long time, if ever, until you see them significantly featured in something like this. They work very independant from Nintendo.

The news probably came out in the wrong time for most of the countries. It was around 4pm here in Australia and at that time, this site is quite dead. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
spemanig said:

I'm blown away at how dead this thread is. This news is huge.

With regards to Pokemon, I think it will be a long time, if ever, until you see them significantly featured in something like this. They work very independant from Nintendo.

The news probably came out in the wrong time for most of the countries. It was around 4pm here in Australia and at that time, this site is quite dead. 

Yeah. I got the news via a PR email, and I was surprised that virtually no one was covering it yet. I texted my friend like made the second I saw it. It was 12:15AM when I got it though, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Super Nintendo World, like... the Super Nintendo. Seems like a good name to me xD It's too bad we're going to have to wait awhile before official opens.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

spemanig said:
FromDK said:

Judging by the patents, it will definitely not be a bumper car lol. I also doubt you'll see any projections lol.

What patents?

And dont you think Nintendo (or any other) could show.. lets say a gren mushroom.. shoorting straiht forward from a bumbercar with projektor/laser tec.. or why do you lol about that? :)

(i'm danish.. so i'm not sure.. but is bumbercar not the right word if i will describe the electric cars in most themeparks?)

It's a shame I don't like themeparks. Otherwise this is one I'd definitely be interested in.