By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Nintendo World! New name + Art Work for Nintendo's Theme Park!

spemanig said:
Boutros said:

That's mostly disappointing to me as it only shows Mario stuff which was sure to be there anyway. The name of the park gives me more hope lol

I mean, disappointing doesn't mean insignificant.

I'm disappointed by it only looking like Mario for now, but I think that's a fanstastic thing long term. Because there will be other worlds added down the road. The fact that they're using all of this space for just Mario implies that the other additions will be very big. If they added, say, Hyrule Castle Town now, everything would be much smaller to occupy the same space. Such a big Mushroom Kingdom (And DK Jungle likely) at launch means a much bigger Diagon Alley-like expansion in the future, and Universal can keep adding to that for years if the get the space.

As I said in the other post, I think just the overall theme will be around Mario, but when you go closer to the part that belongs to Zelda, for example, you should start to see the theme shifting to a more Zelda-like appearance.I think its just that the overall theme park will be made around the Mario Ip, which is mooooore than enough for now.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

The amount of PokeStops there will be insane.

Also, someone mentioned that Universal Studios is using 50 bn yen ($430 million) to build it. It's the most they have ever used. I'll see if I can find the source.

Hopefully the same investement will be made to the other park versions.I am not well verse in this, so please anyone answer me this:Does the version of one park part is similar in the other parks, or they have significant differences?(See Harry Potter Orlando and California as an example)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Slarvax said:

Also, someone mentioned that Universal Studios is using 50 bn yen ($430 million) to build it. It's the most they have ever used. I'll see if I can find the source.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/universal-s-diagon-alley-opens-july-8-131552766.html

Nope... they spent 500 million on Diagon Alley in Orlando, and that's not counting the amount of money they spent on the Hogsmeade section in Islands of Adventure.

This is a great precedent. I can see this heading to the U.S. in the coming months.

JWeinCom said:
Slarvax said:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/universal-s-diagon-alley-opens-july-8-131552766.html

Nope... they spent 500 million on Diagon Alley in Orlando, and that's not counting the amount of money they spent on the Hogsmeade section in Islands of Adventure.

It's the most spent by Universal Studios Osaka. I didn't remember what I read correctly

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

The filed patents for what seem almost certain to be Mario Kart and donkey kong mine cart rides already look so fun lol

Slarvax said:
JWeinCom said:

It's the most spent by Universal Studios Osaka. I didn't remember what I read correctly

That's possible, but I think they've invested a lot less in Japan in general. 

The fact that it's costing about as much as Harry Potter though should show that they're pretty serious, and it should give you an idea of the scope of the new area.  Still, even with that investment, it's unlikely they'll have more than one or two rides, so people expecting it to encompass all of Nintendo will be disappointed. 

Nautilus said:
Soundwave said:
Awesome but from the art work it looks like everything is just Mario themed, I would have to think at least Pokemon and Zelda get their own area.

This is just a concept art, and whats an easier sell than Mario?

Most likely at the end there will be the Zelda part, thats also thematically made around it, and Pokemon, F Zero, Golden Sun(One can wish!), etc

But the overall park will be probably made around Mario.Simply more ercognizable, and its enough to make for a very entertaining aesthetic.

Apparently Universal consept art is always nearly 1:1 with the end result, so this is likely exactly what we're getting.

Nautilus said:
spemanig said:

I mean, disappointing doesn't mean insignificant.

I'm disappointed by it only looking like Mario for now, but I think that's a fanstastic thing long term. Because there will be other worlds added down the road. The fact that they're using all of this space for just Mario implies that the other additions will be very big. If they added, say, Hyrule Castle Town now, everything would be much smaller to occupy the same space. Such a big Mushroom Kingdom (And DK Jungle likely) at launch means a much bigger Diagon Alley-like expansion in the future, and Universal can keep adding to that for years if the get the space.

As I said in the other post, I think just the overall theme will be around Mario, but when you go closer to the part that belongs to Zelda, for example, you should start to see the theme shifting to a more Zelda-like appearance.I think its just that the overall theme park will be made around the Mario Ip, which is mooooore than enough for now.

No, I think there's just no Zelda attraction yet. It's just Mario, DK, and Yoshi to start, as per the rumors.

Johnw1104 said:
The filed patents for what seem almost certain to be Mario Kart and donkey kong mine cart rides already look so fun lol

I'm so disappointed because I'm going to the Japan one and apparently the DK mine cart ride will be exclusive to the US lol. (Japan gets Yoshi instead)

Which means I get to go twice, I guess.