By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Nintendo World! New name + Art Work for Nintendo's Theme Park!

spemanig said:

I'm blown away at how dead this thread is. This news is huge.

With regards to Pokemon, I think it will be a long time, if ever, until you see them significantly featured in something like this. They work very independant from Nintendo.

Well we knew mostly everything already lol

But I guess we have a name for the park now.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
spemanig said:

I'm blown away at how dead this thread is. This news is huge.

With regards to Pokemon, I think it will be a long time, if ever, until you see them significantly featured in something like this. They work very independant from Nintendo.

We have a detailed visual concept, which is huge.

The amount of PokeStops there will be insane.

Also, someone mentioned that Universal Studios is using 50 bn yen ($430 million) to build it. It's the most they have ever used. I'll see if I can find the source.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Boring Mario. I want to see Zelda.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Check out @FarmboyinJapan's Tweet: https://twitter.com/FarmboyinJapan/status/808224094214721538?s=09

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Boring Mario. I want to see Zelda.

I don't think you'll see Zelda there for years after opening. That'll be their Diagon Alley.

spemanig said:
Boutros said:

That's mostly disappointing to me as it only shows Mario stuff which was sure to be there anyway. The name of the park gives me more hope lol

Looks cool, but I would definitely love to see other Nintendo franchises besides Mario once the place is complete.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Boutros said:
spemanig said:

That's mostly disappointing to me as it only shows Mario stuff which was sure to be there anyway. The name of the park gives me more hope lol

I mean, disappointing doesn't mean insignificant.

I'm disappointed by it only looking like Mario for now, but I think that's a fanstastic thing long term. Because there will be other worlds added down the road. The fact that they're using all of this space for just Mario implies that the other additions will be very big. If they added, say, Hyrule Castle Town now, everything would be much smaller to occupy the same space. Such a big Mushroom Kingdom (And DK Jungle likely) at launch means a much bigger Diagon Alley-like expansion in the future, and Universal can keep adding to that for years if the get the space.

Soundwave said:
Awesome but from the art work it looks like everything is just Mario themed, I would have to think at least Pokemon and Zelda get their own area.

This is just a concept art, and whats an easier sell than Mario?

Most likely at the end there will be the Zelda part, thats also thematically made around it, and Pokemon, F Zero, Golden Sun(One can wish!), etc

But the overall park will be probably made around Mario.Simply more ercognizable, and its enough to make for a very entertaining aesthetic.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1