By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Please close

64% including last year. Numbers do not include DLC or movies.

Of course this is no surprise to anyone following Jim Sterling. Steam has basically zero quality control and lets any shit on their storefront. You can rightfully assume that 80% of the released games in 2016 are complete shit, broken, or scams.

Here's a little expose from Jim about it.

I don't think Steam will do any significant about it since they make a lot of money by allowing shit on their store. It's not like they don't have the money or manpower to have quality control. It's just that they don't care and let the money rain in.

On that background it's hard to take people shitting on other platforms like Windows 10 Store, Origin or Uplay. At least those have quality control. It might just be time for all of us to switch to GoG.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Steam only has 200-400 employees and they make billions of US$ per year. I think that they should have a better quality control since they are getting almost 2x more games every single year.

Swordmasterman said:
Steam only has 200-400 employees and they make billions of US$ per year. I think that they should have a better quality control since they are getting almost 2x more games every single year.

I am fairly certain that one part time intern can do all of the quality control and sift out at least 90% of the trash. Most games only require just one look or try to determine they're shit.

But why would they? They get money from the people publishing these things and the people stupid enough to buy them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Too much junk is allowed on steam...

Ka-pi96 said:
Haven`t we already had this thread?

Yes, here.

Around the Network

Yep, this was already posted.

Damn, Latest threads failed me. Well at least I'm not making threads that are literally on the same page and could be easily looked up.

Please close.