By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

Neodegenerate said:
binary solo said:

41 and still a rabid fanboy!?! Geeze I'd hope 99% of gamers become a lot more level headed about their platform devotion by their mid-30s. Or is petulant childishness extending well into adulthood all part of the corrosion of our social order?

The sad part is the older you get the more you realize and accept that some people never leave behind the childish "high school" lifestyle.

Why should he?, hes making money off all the people watching his videos, If hes wasnt such a fanboy he would get less views thus less money

Around the Network
Hiku said:
BraLoD said:

But doesn't MS does it always now and he is a big XB fan? Again, some damn fine logic.

Well, it's sad to know some people are as guilable as to follow such crap (that's in the name).

But oh well, this subject has already gotten quite off topic here... XP

I actually had a conversation with a guy who genuinely believes that Xbox One is only 2-3m units behind PS4.
Reason? Numbers are hidden so no one can prove the opposite.
When I linked him to AMD reporting PS4 and XBO numbers a while back and such for reference, he blocked me.

Some people are really really deeeep in denial.

If that was the case for the hardware, then the software sales of the Xbox 1 would mean that the attach rate was around 3 games per system or less,  Just checked there, as of VGchartz there is 151m software units sold, so if the console was closing in on 50 million as Sony have just passed, then it would indeed be a 3 game per console attach rate, absolutely appaling if that was the case.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

GProgrammer said:
Neodegenerate said:

The sad part is the older you get the more you realize and accept that some people never leave behind the childish "high school" lifestyle.

Why should he?, hes making money off all the people watching his videos, If hes wasnt such a fanboy he would get less views thus less money

My statement was more about the general population and not of a guy who is portraying a character in an online environment for money.

Microsofts PR team always offer a good laugh.

Knack is too stong 💪 Sony will announce Knack 3 before Knack 2 launches, aswell as a knack smartphone skin which will see them beat Samsung and Apple phones by 74.6% in that month #powerofknack

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Hiku said:

I actually had a conversation with a guy who genuinely believes that Xbox One is only 2-3m units behind PS4.
Reason? Numbers are hidden so no one can prove the opposite.
When I linked him to AMD reporting PS4 and XBO numbers a while back and such for reference, he blocked me.

Some people are really really deeeep in denial.

If that was the case for the hardware, then the software sales of the Xbox 1 would mean that the attach rate was around 3 games per system or less,  Just checked there, as of VGchartz there is 151m software units sold, so if the console was closing in on 50 million as Sony have just passed, then it would indeed be a 3 game per console attach rate, absolutely appaling if that was the case.

70% digital solves it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

binary solo said:
jason1637 said:

They could take iy in Febuary (halo wars 2)

Really? Halo Wars 2 is going to push hardware this far into the cycle?

Why wouldnt it?

DonFerrari said:
Ganoncrotch said:

70% digital solves it.

Naw, it's somewhere over 100% digital sales of software, since naturally no one buys their games from Sonys dodgy servers which means that Software wise the X1 is actually ahead of PS4.

You know what, maybe Microsoft have even sold some Xbox's Digitally too! I mean if you think about it hard enough, isn't the Windows 10 Store basically an Xbox One now, so that's a digital download of another Xbox console!!

fork in the brain, I can fork the pain away, fork in the brain, I can fork the pain away, fork in the brain, I can fork the pain away, fork in the brain, I can fork the pain away.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

jason1637 said:
binary solo said:

Really? Halo Wars 2 is going to push hardware this far into the cycle?

Why wouldnt it?

Because it's not a hugely popular franchise.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

RolStoppable said:
Boutros, the folks of VGC must know that the 3DS was the #1 handheld in November. Add that to the thread title.

Until sony announces knack for the vita!  Suddenly vita outsells everything