By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will there be Nintendo Switch games that only run in docked mode?

Now that it seems that the Switch will upclock in docked mode that brings the questions if more game developers will bring over some AAA ports to the Switch. However knowing the hardware limitations, is it enough power to run ports in mobile mode at all? After all even the XBO runs many games in 720p and the docked Switch does not seem more powerful than that. So ME4 only in docked mode available?

Around the Network

I guess not. There will be a high quality and low quality mode for the games.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

No, all games will run handheld and docked.

I doubt it.

No and this question is exactly why Nintendo chose not to speak about any power difference between docked/non docked performance. The main function of the dock is to connect to the TV and provide a traditional home console experience.

Around the Network

I don't think so. At the very least, Nintendo won't release games that won't be able to function while on the go. Maybe some 3rd party port gets too lazy and is just unable to work well while on the go (the game may technically work, but it would run like Batman AK does on PC).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

No, because that would defeat the whole concept from the start.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

No, that would be defeating the entire purpose of the Switch.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Darwinianevolution said:
I don't think so. At the very least, Nintendo won't release games that won't be able to function while on the go. Maybe some 3rd party port gets too lazy and is just unable to work well while on the go (the game may technically work, but it would run like Batman AK does on PC).

Seems like the most likely scenario, kinda like Hyrule Warriors Legends and the old 3DS.

Nope, would he the biggest mistake Nintendo could make with Switch.