By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 Part II. Will it happen?

Tagged games:

The Order: 1886 Part II. Will it happen?

Yes. 19 50.00%

No. 18 47.37%

Total:37

The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful

Around the Network

"Not bad, but not good" That really is the long and short of it;D

But to answer your question, it's simply not in a console manufacturer's nature to let an IP of theirs die so easily, especially after only one critical failure.
So I think we will see a part 2, whether we want one or not.
But if I were Sony, I would be telling the dev team to make damn sure to address the issues people had with the first game, so Sony can strut the sequel around as proof that we should still be interested in this franchise despite the first game.
Because without that visible commitment to winning us back, a lot of people will have no interest in buying the sequel. Hell the sequel might not do well even IF it's a lot better.
I mean look at what happened to Titanfall 2. Force by the impending new consoles to rush out a multiplayer only game, and then come back and make a sequel but this time do it properly, and the result is that Titanfall 2 is fucking brilliant, but people don't care, the first one didn't pull them in enough, and now Titanfall 2 isn't doing so well... but that was also because of the ridiculous decision to release it when they did.

I'd like to see a sequel, I don't want it to be open world though. There are just way too many open world games now.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

If we are getting Knack 2, we better get The Order 1889 or however long they wanna time jump

I am Iron Man

Sony has too many games. I cant fathom the idea of The Order Part 2..

Can I can, bring it!

Around the Network

The game looks so freaking beautiful, I might just buy it once I eventually buy myself a PS4, though I'm 99% sure I'll hate it.

At least it's short.

As for a "part II", I'll be surprised if it ever happens. It's a prime example of a botched new IP launch. I dunno what they could do to regain consumer confidence in the brand and ensure profitability for what would undoubtedly be an extremely expensive sequel.

If anyone would give such a game a sequel it's Sony. . The franchise does have potential it's a shame the first part was poorly executed though like Knack.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The pre release, release and post release time was one of the best times I had on GAF. Please do a sequel.
Mandatory:

View on YouTube

If they make it, I hope it's after some other franchises get a new chance, like Motorstorm or SOCOM. Aside from the graphics there wasn't a single redeemable quality about the original imho.

LudicrousSpeed said:
If they make it, I hope it's after some other franchises get a new chance, like Motorstorm or SOCOM. Aside from the graphics there wasn't a single redeemable quality about the original imho.

Also, MAG!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.