By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XV is the second highest selling game FW in the franchise in UK

teigaga said:
The Fury said:

Release date of PS2 in the UK 24th November 2000, release date of FF 9 in the UK, 16th February 2001. Such things can affect sales numbers.

Same with XII & PS3.

Sad but true. I was one who couldn't afford the £7.2billion RRP they wanted for the PS3 and I didn't have a second job but I was fine and happy playing FF12 until I could afford one. Valkyrie Profile 2 was the same, a great game released after the PS3 so didn't get as much recognition as maybe it should have.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Isn't being below XIII a bad thing?

Ka-pi96 said:
The Fury said:

Just to put an end to this debate before it even gets going. Ka-pi, in the UK we had the Expert Grid from the get go, so you could choose the simple one or Expert and so if you wanted make Rikku the main mage and all that, you could, but the original Japanese game and US release didn't have the Expert grid so their experience was more limited to the path set by the game more than us.

While it did allow some movement and side paths, it wasn't that great if you wanted for say Tidus to learn fire like the game narrative suggest at one point it was harder.

It's actually a big complaint I have with FF13. The game, as linear as it was, also had a linear magic system where once the characters were set at their 3 types of ability, it was left like that pretty much. Those paths were set, all you did was 'press X to increase the stat'. Very dull and no diversity at all, you couldn't make Vanille the damage dealer or stuff like that (well you could but it cost to much early so there was no point until late game when I was near done with the game and jsut wanted it over with).

Yes exactly...this lack of freedom..is what hurt the genre....I had a newer version of FFX that had expert mode and i was all excited...it literally was like playing a new game!

squibbfire said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yes exactly...this lack of freedom..is what hurt the genre....I had a newer version of FFX that had expert mode and i was all excited...it literally was like playing a new game!

Yet 9 doesn't let you make any character any class but people still love that.

... I mean it helps it was such a good game people didn't care.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
squibbfire said:

Yet 9 doesn't let you make any character any class but people still love that.

... I mean it helps it was such a good game people didn't care.

son were gonna have to sit down...and have a talk...i know you like FF9

But...but people dont know there was a game between FF8 and FF10..
I know its an ok game but...unless they remake it or something...its one of those games that gets overlooked and never revisited because it was received with medicore reviews.

I wish things were different but...people don't care about ff9...im sorry...

Around the Network
squibbfire said:

son were gonna have to sit down...and have a talk...i know you like FF9

But...but people dont know there was a game between FF8 and FF10..
I know its an ok game but...unless they remake it or something...its one of those games that gets overlooked and never revisited because it was received with medicore reviews.

I wish things were different but...people don't care about ff9...im sorry...

I like all Final Fantasy games I've played. Even 13 had it's moments (less than the rest but moments).

... but the truth hurts sometimes. *cries in corner*

Hmm, pie.

i know buddy me too..but no everyone is special like us!