By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XV is the second highest selling game FW in the franchise in UK

That isnt exactly good news.If its behind XIII, it means the franchise is in ecline, at least in UK.We gotta see the legs though

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Turkish said:

30% digital rate is becoming the standard http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1305615

Digital deluxe pre-order also had the incentive of having the season pass.

That'd put FFXV around ~ 155,000 - 165,000

It isn`t yet. Also doesn`t change the fact that digital prices in the UK are massively higher than digital so I`d be quite surprised (and disappointed) if digital ratios were anywhere near as high there.

Edit: Also your source says it`s for gen 4 consoles so is irrelevant to gen 8 console sales

Indeed the majority of prices are utter stupidity in the UK I paid £36.85 for my Physical copy of FFXV vs a £49.99 digital copy. I'm cetain that in the UK the digital rate of FFXV is in single didgits.

Some games are even worse I've seen games launch at  £29.99 at retail cost £54.99 digital. The only poeple I know who buy digital are those that have another family member to share and take turns buying games to share.

If either MS or Sony want digital to take off over here they need to seriously fix the prices.

Ka-pi96 said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Well FFXIII had 0% digital rate so FFXV is probably the real no. 1

If these figures are true...

1. Final Fantasy XIII ~ 170,000 - 180,000

2. Final Fantasy XV ~ 115,000 - 135,000

... then that would require XV to have had about a 30% digital rate, in the country with possibly the largest disparity between physical and digital game prices. That seems unlikely to me.

Yeah I'd say it's a little under but I can see digital being around 20-30%. considering the mess 13 was this is a good result.  legs will probably be better. 

Kerotan said:

Yeah I'd say it's a little under but I can see digital being around 20-30%. considering the mess 13 was this is a good result.  legs will probably be better. 

I'd be surprised if it was even 10%. Big full release. UK prices are far higher on PSN and XBL and the 20-30% (reading that post Turkish posted) makes it seem like 30% is the industry, not just a single game. FF15 seems the kind to sell mainly disc, expecially this close to chrimbo.

Hmm, pie.

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

And killed the franchise for me in the process. You might want to add 'loadouts' next SE just to get that TRUE Western feel.

That doesn't mean the next game is going to be like that.
Disliking a game and falling in love for the next is quite common for the franchise, so I really don't think they killed it for you, at least right now.

For me, since the PS1 days, the series has literally been good every other game, and bad in the games between.
FF7 - Great
FF8 - Disappointing
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Disappointing
FF12 - Great
FF13 - Garbage
FF15 - Great (so far)

I don't know if it's because after such disappointing games, I'm more open to something that fixes the wrongs, but I'm hoping they change the trend with FF16.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:

Not a surprise, they expected to sell FFXIII forever for a fanbase that had a  completely new game every release.

Well I would say FFX backlash was unusually high then any of the series before...People were pissed about the sphere grid big time.

Needless to say..those guys were floored by the time FFXIII came.

Which was before the dark times.....

Before the empire.

BraLoD said:
CladInShadows said:
For me, since the PS1 days, the series has literally been good every other game, and bad in the games between.
FF7 - Great
FF8 - Disappointing
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Disappointing
FF12 - Great
FF13 - Garbage
FF15 - Great (so far)

I'm hoping they change the trend with FF16.

Kinda the same, but not near much as harsh with the "not the best ones"

7 - Great
8 - Good but flawed
9 - Masterpiece
10 - Good but flawed
12 - Masterpiece
13 - Good but flawed
15 - Still to play, but looks great.

its funny now i know three people who FF9

BraLoD said:
CladInShadows said:
FF7 - Great
FF8 - Disappointing
FF9 - Great
FF10 - Disappointing
FF12 - Great
FF13 - Garbage
FF15 - Great (so far)

I'm hoping they change the trend with FF16.

Kinda the same, but not near much as harsh with the "not the best ones"

7 - Great
8 - Good but flawed
9 - Masterpiece
10 - Good but flawed
12 - Masterpiece
13 - Good but flawed
15 - Still to play, but looks great.

Yeah, the only harsh one is 13, I think.  I really didn't like that game, and I feel about it the same way GribbleGrunger feels about 15. It sucked the soul out of a series, trimming it down to some of the most boring sequences, a disjointed story, and some awful anime cliche characters. The only likeable character for me was one with an afro with a baby chocobo nested in it.  I'll let that sink in for a second.

Getting to Gran Pulse was a shining aspect of an otherwise shitty game, but it came too little too late. FF15 feels like a masterpiece in comparison, even if it doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy at its core.  But neither did FF12, and that game ranks among the best of the series, in my opinion.

BraLoD said:
squibbfire said:

its funny now i know three people who FF9

Everybody should FF9.
It's magic in form of game.

Yes, we should all FF9.  FF9 is worth FF9-ing over and over again.  It's THAT good.

BraLoD said:
CladInShadows said:

Yes, we should all FF9.  FF9 is worth FF9-ing over and over again.  It's THAT good.

FF12 is still my favorite, but 9 was the only one in the whole series that I was feeling like a happy kid as soon as it started until the very end, it's just magical, I don't have a better definition, magical suits it perfectly.
12 was just too damn fun to play, tho, that thing locked me in my room for a whole month, I didn't want to get out for anything, I was living on FF12, lol.

While 6 and 7 are my favourites of the series, 12 definitely ranks up there.  I was skeptical when I learned of the combat, but the characters were top notch, and the gameplay really was fun.  And it had a sense of exploration that had been absent from the series for a long time.