By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF XV is AMAZING - I loved it. (about a 40 hour play through for me)

The game's pretty mediocre for the most part, I'm cosidering trading it back to the store for The Last Guardian, 70 hours in, pretty sure 15 to 20 of those were spent on going back and forth between boring sidequests, I'm pretty disappointed, but the game is mindlessly fun, kinda like Kingdom Hearts in any difficulty that isn't Critical, so I got some enjoyment out of it, but it really isn't something I'd like to replay in its current state.

6/10, buy Bloodborne instead.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:

6/10, buy Bloodborne instead.

Well, of course it's not as good as Bloodborne. There are as many games as I can count on one finger that are as good as Bloodborne (well, maybe two fingers, but the other game isn't out in the West yet).

Anyway, I just beat the game. I found it's really great, but it does have a lot of problems.

The vast majority of the sidequests are awful. The absolute worst are the "find x things in the blue circle."

The storytelling is really disjointed. Strangely enough, the ship from a big open world to a linear, disjointed, dark story in the second half reminded me strangely of Xenogears.

But the characters are generally very good, the combat is enjoyable even though it is overly reliant on QTEs, and the game features some of the best town and dungeon design since the PS1 days of Final Fantasy.

Teriol said:
CGI-Quality said:

I can understand if you don't like Final Fantasy XV, but why bring up XCX in that way? Furthermore, there's no need to crap on someone else's enjoyment of it with lines like that last one.

well both games are candidates to best JRPG of this generation so that's why.

hah!

BasilZero said:
Gonna play Episode Duscae and Platinum demo before I get my copy of the game :O

Can you still find episode duscae?

Beat it, Beat the turtle, the level 110 monster and level 120 monster, beat the secret annoying dungeon that is only hard because control sucks for jumping.

Opinion remains the same, it isn't bad, it isn't good. It is just there. Story is still really meh. Key reason for being meh, is that their are many gaps that aren't flushed out and the pacing is just strange. 

Around the Network

Just put it in..give it a little try...at least an hour or two to get comfortable..lol