By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dead Rising 4 Reviews - Meta: 75

Bandorr said:
This came comes out in 15 hours? Wow that is one hell of a stealth release. I barely remembered it came out in December.

I think this game got even less advertising than Recore.

Yeah even on the xbox one subreddit there was a few comments from people who didn't even realise it was about to release. Really don't think MS should have paid for a year's exclusivity for this one

Around the Network

I was almost sure this was releasing next year?

Bandorr said:
Kerotan said:
I was almost sure this was releasing next year?

I saw so little advertisement for it I was starting to think it got delayed to next year.

I think it had a commercial at the game awards? I didn't watch it though. So it may have had a release date attached to it and I just missed it.

edit: Yeah I googlged Game awards and dead rising. They do put the release date at the end of the trailer. I only watched the nominations though and muted/left for anything else.

It's funny how these smaller end of the year titles can completely go under the radar.  I'd a friend on psn yesterday not realise the last guardian is about to release this week. he'd no idea lol. 

Good to see that its getting higher score than I expected.

Jimquisition review sold me on it. DR3 was great IMHO. Can't believe they've found a way to double the on-screen zombie count.

Around the Network

Bought! Downloading now. Won't be home to play until late though.

Kind of bummed they removed campaign co-op. That was my first Xbone experience and what a treat it was.

I downloaded it and began playing on launch day. I only finished the prologue but that's about it.

I have to say, the new Frank West (or "Hank East") had already grown on me and provided a couple of laugh out loud moments. Looking forward to playing more.

d21lewis said:
I downloaded it and began playing on launch day. I only finished the prologue but that's about it.

I have to say, the new Frank West (or "Hank East") had already grown on me and provided a couple of laugh out loud moments. Looking forward to playing more.

Yep. I am early in the game, played more co-op than SP, and I love the writing in the game. It's very good.

People are butt hurt about the timer being removed, I wonder how much that affected the review score.

I don't like that bad marketing from the companies. I didn't knew that Dead Rising would launch this year, this month, and the same with Dishonored.

Swordmasterman said:
I don't like that bad marketing from the companies. I didn't knew that Dead Rising would launch this year, this month, and the same with Dishonored.

They weren't the best commercials but I've seen plenty of ads and trailers leading up to release. I don't think it's going to sell well but the ads were there. Maybe they'll do more. Once upon a time, there weren't commercials until the Monday before a game came out!