By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last Guardian Review Thread - Meta: 84

The game is amazing. I already started another playthrough on base ps4 while not done yet on the pro. Too lazy to transfer saves lol.

I did encounter a bug with Trico. In one place where there's a locked door preventing your progress you can ask Trico to try bash in the door or have him help you up to a window to go around to remove the bar. If you tell him to bash in the door he gets stuck afterwards. He'll still look up to the ledge where you want him to go but he seems unable to move his body no matter where you call him from or tell him to go. Restart from last checkpoint fixed it, and he did what I asked on the first attempt.

So far on base ps4 the frame rate does drop in open areas, still very playable, not much of an issue. Maybe cause I'm used to the controls already. Control feels very smooth now.

So dreamlike

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

that's a great shot, I really like the art style and direction, even if stuff like texxtures aren't amazing

SvennoJ said:

So far on base ps4 the frame rate does drop in open areas, still very playable, not much of an issue. Maybe cause I'm used to the controls already. Control feels very smooth now.

I probably should add that to my post: The controls just seemed pretty natural once I started a second playthrough. Maybe it's because I was a lot more relaxed but they were a non-issue the next time.

SvennoJ said:

I'm also playing on Pro, maybe it's just really good motion blur, but at times the game feels like it's running above 30fps. Do you notice that?

FIT_Gamer said:
SvennoJ said:

I'm also playing on Pro, maybe it's just really good motion blur, but at times the game feels like it's running above 30fps. Do you notice that?

It does feel very smooth, and yes it uses a lot of motion blur which looks very good in motion, but does spoil my action screenshots.

TLG also has the most natural looking trees to date. movement and all.

Although you break about every ramp we get onto to, better nothing happen to you at the end!

I'm not going to make it within 15 hours at this pace.

Around the Network

I was surprised that I made the 15 hour time limit. I put Trico to sleep at least 3 times in my first play through and still managed to find 42 barrels.

I just finished the game. I'm not sure about the ending. It was certainly spectacular and beautifully made, yet also took a bit of a turn gameplay wise and pushed too hard causing me to disconnect. It's not a bad ending, but lacks the emotional impact of Ico and SotC. It's still far better than anything else this year, solid 9/10 game. I already started another playthrough. Perhaps the ending will be better when I progress it along in a more timely fashion. In this case, no urgency, no consequences hurt the suspension of disbelief and emotional intent.

I love the game so far. Not finished it.

Kerotan said:
Up to 84!!! I hope the troll reviews azzanation was on about appear soon so my prediction can be right again xD

Great to hear people are loving the game. An excellent exclusive.

Yes =) And better than Final Fantasy 15, worldwide - i think.

SvennoJ said:

The game is amazing. I already started another playthrough on base ps4 while not done yet on the pro. Too lazy to transfer saves lol.

I did encounter a bug with Trico. In one place where there's a locked door preventing your progress you can ask Trico to try bash in the door or have him help you up to a window to go around to remove the bar. If you tell him to bash in the door he gets stuck afterwards. He'll still look up to the ledge where you want him to go but he seems unable to move his body no matter where you call him from or tell him to go. Restart from last checkpoint fixed it, and he did what I asked on the first attempt.

So dreamlike

Princess Mononoke, your sreenshots are great!!! :) The Last Guardian < 3

Well that's one game of the year down.

http://easyallies.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eP_Hk43D1U