By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Spoilers* Pokemon Sun and Moon's Successor Games

What is the most likely scenario?

Red/Blue sequel 13 19.12%

Sun2/Moon2 7 10.29%

Stars! 43 63.24%

Gen 8? 5 7.35%

Total:68
tbone51 said:
I always thought a sequel of gen 1 was smart. All i kno is gamefreak will surprise us again. Gen5 started the non traditional game releases. We all thought grey and z was coming but nope :p

I'm 100% sure that Z was a game that existed and was canceled/merged with Sun and Moon.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I think Stars will be a B2W2 situation. They can't really go back to retelling the same story anymore. Plus they already have the set up with trial captains literally being gym leaders, and there being vacancies all over All where gyms would be.

As for a Gen 1 sequel, as compelling as that would be, I honestly don't see it happening. I guess that could be there in place of a remake, but I think they'll just want to release the next generation on the Switch ASAP. If Stars comes out in 2017 and R2B2(G2) comes out in 2018, than that means that Gen 8 would come out in 2019 at the absolute earliest. More likely 2020, since that number just looks better and gives them more time.

I don't think they want that.

Yeah, I'd prefer Kanto to be shown on a new engine than that of S/M. But yeah, I agree. Do you believe Stars will run on the same engine as S/M or a modified version of it to better let the player control the camera and whatnot?

All I know is the next games that feature new pocket monsters better have a dolphin pokemon, or else... or else... OR ELSE!!!... I'll still buy the game anyway...

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
I always thought a sequel of gen 1 was smart. All i kno is gamefreak will surprise us again. Gen5 started the non traditional game releases. We all thought grey and z was coming but nope :p

I'm 100% sure that Z was a game that existed and was canceled/merged with Sun and Moon.

Heey, I have that same theory! Was even contemplating making a thread about it.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

The best route would be for Stars to continue the story after you complete the main sun/moon story in Kanto. Like 2 games in one and a helluva post game.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
spemanig said:

Heey, I have that same theory! Was even contemplating making a thread about it.

Definitely make it lol seeing how Lunaala/Solgaleo "develop" in the plot, and then looking at how the Zygarde cores happen make me think that everything involving Lillie was supposed to be with Zygarde instead in Z. And Z-Moves being in Z is pretty obvious.

StarOcean said:
spemanig said:
I think Stars will be a B2W2 situation. They can't really go back to retelling the same story anymore. Plus they already have the set up with trial captains literally being gym leaders, and there being vacancies all over All where gyms would be.

As for a Gen 1 sequel, as compelling as that would be, I honestly don't see it happening. I guess that could be there in place of a remake, but I think they'll just want to release the next generation on the Switch ASAP. If Stars comes out in 2017 and R2B2(G2) comes out in 2018, than that means that Gen 8 would come out in 2019 at the absolute earliest. More likely 2020, since that number just looks better and gives them more time.

I don't think they want that.

Yeah, I'd prefer Kanto to be shown on a new engine than that of S/M. But yeah, I agree. Do you believe Stars will run on the same engine as S/M or a modified version of it to better let the player control the camera and whatnot?

I'm 100% sure it'll be in a cleaned up version of the same engine if it was really developed along side Sun and Moon like the rumors suggest. We won't see that good good until generation 8, unfortunately. And I think it would make more sense to just tie up the Lillie plot in the same generation.

Here's a cray thought tho - What if Gen 8 took place in modern day Kanto/Johto instead of a new region?

As in still new Pokemon, but Kanto/Johto has changed so much in the last decade that it is essentially a brand new region. "Kanjoh."

Einsam_Delphin said:

All I know is the next games that feature new pocket monsters better have a dolphin pokemon, or else... or else... OR ELSE!!!... I'll still buy the game anyway...

Kyogre is based on an orca, which is closely related to dolphins. And Tapu Fini resembles a swordfish, marlin and dolphin combined.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Ka-pi96 said:
spemanig said:

I'm 100% sure it'll be in a cleaned up version of the same engine if it was really developed along side Sun and Moon like the rumors suggest. We won't see that good good until generation 8, unfortunately. And I think it would make more sense to just tie up the Lillie plot in the same generation.

Here's a cray thought tho - What if Gen 8 took place in modern day Kanto/Johto instead of a new region?

As in still new Pokemon, but Kanto/Johto has changed so much in the last decade that it is essentially a brand new region. "Kanjoh."

I really hope that doesn`t happen. Gamefreak have already taken too many liberties with the franchise for my liking, no need for them to get even sillier.

What liberties?

It will be Sun 2 and Moon 2, the gyms are beeing built in Sun and moon, perhaps we might get Alola AND Kanto due to Lylia beeing there and Hau/other characters wanting to visit it or maybe something completely different like Alola/Hoenn set after ORAS so that we help Locker now knowing that he lost his memory due to UltraEnergy