By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Rosberg retires from F1 after winning world championship

WagnerPaiva said:
potato_hamster said:

Schumacher suffered his injury while skiing.

Really? Wow... =(

... I take it you don't really follow F1 that closely?

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Really? Wow... =(

As most brazilians I was a real fanatic in the Senna days and followed Barrichelo for almost a decade. Then gave up afterwards. I still like it but it has a bitter taste to me to watch it every sunday like in my childhood. I still think it looks awesome, but I have a hard time connecting to it like before.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Very very surprising announcement. Blew up my phone like crazy earlier today. That said, I understand the move, and wish him and his family the best going forward. He's really a very genuinely nice guy, and he's been incredibly hard working, and persevering in his pursuit of a championship. Hats off to him for achieving his dream, and now devoting his time to his other great love.

As for his replacement.....I'd really like to see Hamilton and Alonso going at it again in the same car, now that they are both older, wiser, and have a much greater respect for each other than they did in Lewis' rookie year. I think that would be a really epic pairing, that would deliver amazing races. They're, in my mind, unquestionable the fastest drivers on the grid, and if Mercedes can make that happen, even just as a stop gap to get one of their rookies into the other car, then they absolutely should.

WagnerPaiva said:
potato_hamster said:

As most brazilians I was a real fanatic in the Senna days and followed Barrichelo for almost a decade. Then gave up afterwards. I still like it but it has a bitter taste to me to watch it every sunday like in my childhood. I still think it looks awesome, but I have a hard time connecting to it like before.

It seems you forgot about Felipe Massa . He retired after the end of this season, and really did well for himself this year.

Random_Matt said:
Likely the only time he will beat Hamilton, lets be honest, with no mechanical failures he would of lost. Go out on a high.

Verstappen is under contract, not happening. Alonso or their youngster.

So is Alonso. Besides, contracts can be broken with enough money...

Around the Network

That's a good moment to stop, but he's too young. Totally unexpected. That said, I haven't been watching the whole circus in like 15 years, so it should be pretty obvious that I don't care too much about it anymore.

WTF?????? Why would he do that??? I mean, I can see why someone would retire after flopping for many years, but he just WON a championship. But it's his life not mine, so in the end he can do whatever he wants :P

Ka-pi96 said:
Absolutely shocking, really didn`t expect that. Although it does at least mean he is leaving on the ultimate high which is pretty special, how many other former drivers can say they won the championship in their last ever race?

Will be interesting to see what happens at Mercedes now though, I`d love to see Verstappen make the move there, it`d be great to see him with a really competitive car (and one that`s not named after a drinks manufacturer too ).

don't forget, also with a engine named after a wrist watch manufacture...

edit: i was very happy that he won. sad news. can't stand hamilton.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4