By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Rosberg retires from F1 after winning world championship

Well, at least he doesn't have to resign from a contract with Mercedes since he never had one with them #Panama Papers

Around the Network

I would have resigned as well if I was a millionaire and world champion. Enjoy the rest of your life, Nico.

Likely the only time he will beat Hamilton, lets be honest, with no mechanical failures he would of lost. Go out on a high.

Verstappen is under contract, not happening. Alonso or their youngster.

potato_hamster said:
WC4Life said:
First I was totally WTF'd but now there's only respect, this sorta thing takes guts and strong character.

I actually think the opposite. What kind of strong character does it take to walk away from a sport where people are legitimately asking if he's the most undeserving champion ever? Vettel got in another car and proved that his wins at Red Bull were no fluke. What has Rosberg proven? That he was an average driver in a spectacular car and only won a championship because his team mate got incredibly unlucky.

Bravo Nico. I personally won't miss seeing him on the grid.

Vettel has proved he is like Button, only amazing in an amazing car. 

vivster said:
Good for him. Why stress yourself when you're good for life.

Yup, so many people don't seem to understand this.

"BUT EVEN MORE MONEY?!?!?!"

Around the Network

Wow, just saw that on autosport, well done Nico!

Random_Matt said:
Likely the only time he will beat Hamilton, lets be honest, with no mechanical failures he would of lost. Go out on a high.

Verstappen is under contract, not happening. Alonso or their youngster.

Alonso would give us good races and fun fights with Hamilton, but they already have history, and I doubt Mercedes wants to have problems with their two drivers again.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

kowenicki said:
At 31? weak.

How long do they normally race for?  Im unfamiliar with this sport. 

think-man said:
kowenicki said:
At 31? weak.

How long do they normally race for?  Im unfamiliar with this sport. 

Good drivers retire at 35-38. They're still able to win races and championships at those ages.

Very wise, do not want to have such tragic ends as Senna or Schummacher. Congratulations on a beautiful championship and may he have a cool rest of life.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.