By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BOTW @ The Game Awards 2016 Trailer (Switch | Wii U) *UPDATE! 2nd Trailer!

Slarvax said:

I'm really trying to see this low framerate, I just can't. My experience with bad framerate has been WWHD + explosions, or Pokemon XY and 3D Battles, or Sun and Moon Double battles. Those are bad, noticeable, game breaking/ruining fps. But I seriously can't for this BotW footage.

Edit: Best I can see is that it clearly isn't 60fps

To add to that, I've seen bad framerate when facing a giant monster in the sea. I forgot what they are called. It was still a great Zelda game despite that issue.

Around the Network
Mr.GameCrazy said:
Slarvax said:

I'm really trying to see this low framerate, I just can't. My experience with bad framerate has been WWHD + explosions, or Pokemon XY and 3D Battles, or Sun and Moon Double battles. Those are bad, noticeable, game breaking/ruining fps. But I seriously can't for this BotW footage.

Edit: Best I can see is that it clearly isn't 60fps

To add to that, I've seen bad framerate when facing a giant monster in the sea. I forgot what they are called. It was still a great Zelda game despite that issue.

Octo-something

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I'm gonna have to set aside a month for this game.

God I wish it was a launch title though... I suppose a later release would sustain interest in the switch beyond the first month or two.

Nuvendil said:
DanneSandin said:
This is looking SO GOOD! Can't wait to play it!

This might be an odd thing, but the part that almost got me most excited were in the 2nd trailer when Link THREW his spear! That's so awesome :D Really good use of a spear right there!

You can actually throw any weapon.  But I think it destroys the weapon most of the time so it's a better tactic to save until the weapon is near breaking anyway.

That adds a whole new depth of strategy behind fights :D I love it :D I'm only hoping that spears will do more damage if thrown than swords and things like that.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Man...that framerate looks pretty bad.

Around the Network

I am not going batshit over a stream, but Zelda BOTWW should have performance equal to the Witcher 3 or FFXV on Xone, the ps4 version is crap, with its framepacing issues, and not like a bethesda game or FFXV on PS4. It's an exclusive so it should be easy to optimise and have a stable framerate.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I share all of your concerns regarding framerate, but I can't recall Nintendo being lazy on performance. Most of their games have always worked flawlessly, except for few irks here and there (WWHD and explosions, Pokemon). With 6-7 months until release, I'm pretty confident they will improve it vastly, both for the Wii U version and the Switch one

This game is giving me such a Studio Ghibili feeling, like a mix of Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke. Something about the art style, color palette, and music.

Qwark said:
It's an exclusive so it should be easy to optimise and have a stable framerate.

Strange logic there.  It's being developed for 2 dissimilar hardware platforms.
The fact they are both being peddled by the same company doesn't make optimization easier there.
Obviously, it is preferred if they can get framerate stable, and no reason to think that can't happen...
Again making pessimistic predictions based on early pre-release footage is hardly a proven approach.
For all the people that can't seem to handle that, would you prefer Nintendo not release such footage?
It seems pretty simple, if other games were unstable at this stage, yet were so at end, it's non-issue.

Sareth said:
This game is giving me such a Studio Ghibili feeling, like a mix of Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke. Something about the art style, color palette, and music.

True, it also remind me to those 2 movies, good films to take inspiration from.