By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My experience with Skyrim - PC gaming at its worst

So today I started Skyrim for the first time:

1. Game froze on character creation, I had to restart PC because I could not bring up task manager and no key combinations worked, naturally, and spend half an hour googling the problem and preventing it.

2. The audio was very low - I had to google that and waste my time again.

3. Turned out alt-entering and alt-tabbing does not work in this game like it works in any other game released in 1982 and onwards, still figuring out what to do.

I would bet one million us dollars if I had them that I will stumble on more technical problems, and this is a game released 5 years ago.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Bethesda, someone who's meant to be a PC-First developer really... and yeah the Alt+Tabbing was a problem in Fallout 3 too.

They make fantastic games, but they really screw up with dumb bugs.

I never have issues playing it on my PC.
Did you get the special edition? I read that one was super glitchy for PC owners so despite being able to get it for free, I haven't yet.

I just downloaded again recently, this time in my Laptop and I had absolutely 0 problems.

Do you have it fully patched and up to date? It is a legit copy of the game? Sounds Strange but I'm guessing your machine reaches the min spec to play it?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Sound wasn't playing when I got it a few years ago. Had to google the problem and it turns out it was extremely common. Had to disable something, not sure what. But at any rate, I don't have the time or the patience for PC gaming. At least on consoles it's hassle free.

Ganoncrotch said:
Do you have it fully patched and up to date? It is a legit copy of the game? Sounds Strange but I'm guessing your machine reaches the min spec to play it?

It is the Legendary edition on Steam. I installed the official high res texture pack that was on Steam and that's all, it should have worked fine but it wasn't. My PC specs are well over min, the game defaulted to Ultra settings.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Don't forget the worst part. The physics that freak out if the game runs faster than 60fps. It really isn't a very great engine. Hopefully the next one will be better.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The first time in Skyrim is tough. You gotta tweak the settings and for me I gotta alt tab twice before it sticks. Otherwise the screen is just black but you can hear audio. Either way expecting a game from half a decade ago to work flawlessly? Too many advancements. The game wasn't even around for the OSes used today.

Bethesda games & bugs in said games....