By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Sony has become so complacent with the PS4.

After seeing so many threads here about how people are happy that the PS4/Slim/Pro doesn't have features such as UHD Blu Ray and EA Access, it's not hard to understand why Sony isn't working as hard as the competition to improve on their existing console(s).

I've seen people DEFEND the $10 PS+ increase by saying “The free games make up for it”.

I've seen people DEFEND the poor battery life in the new DS4 by saying "buy another controller".

I've seen people DEFEND the fact that Sony does allow external storage by saying "we can already change the hard drive, why would we want the option of being able to plug in a USB drive?"

I've seen people DEFEND the absence on EA Access by saying "Sony knows what's best, let them decide if we need subscription services".

I've seen people DEFEND the lack of a 4K Blu Ray player in the Pro and Slim because "we can stream compressed 4K so why would we want a better Blu Ray player in the new consoles?"

I've seen people DEFEND the poor performance of many new PS4 Pro patched games by saying "I'm okay with FPS drops below 30 as long as it runs at 1800p" or "The PS4 Pro is as powerful as a $1000 gaming PC!"

Sony is a company that's number 1 goal is to get your money and it blows my mind that people will defend their mistakes just because they feel like voicing concern will aid the competition.  

I feel like if Sony released the PS5 as an Ouya with a 'PS' logo on it, as long as it outsold Nintendo and Microsoft's offerings, they would be happy with it.

As a PlayStation fan it kills me to see so much bullshit in the name of the 'console wars'.

If people spent as much time voicing their concerns to Sony as they have defending them in forums like these, we might have awesome new features like external storage, EA Access, better battery life in the new controller, a solid 60FPS option in the newly supported Pro games.  But we don't and it sucks.

Look at how much criticism Microsoft has gotten over the last 3 years, AND LOOK HOW MUCH THINGS HAVE IMPROVED! 

I got called a liar and was told 'You don't even own a PS4 Pro' a couple of days ago because I was considering returning it in favor of a $200 PS4 Slim... That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. 

You can criticize Sony and still be a die hard fan.  They aren't going to ban you from their ecosystem and it sure as shit isn't going to boost the competition.

I know this thread will get a lot of negative feedback and potentially get me banned but I honestly don't care.  I want people to stop with the ridiculous console wars and concentrate that effort on getting us the best possible experience with Sony's consoles.  If getting banned for voicing that opinion gets me banned then so be it.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Around the Network

you're salty cus sony had a good black friday

This thread is going to end well.

None of your "DEFEND" statements bother me in the slightest, other than Pro Performance. I have no issue with the DS4's battery, I don't care about 4k Bluray or EA Access and External Storage is just EW.

People seldom express negatives about their beloved. Some even defend like it would be their own kidney. But that's just usual stuff ☺

What's wrong with satisfied consumers?

Around the Network

Sony got arrogant after PS1,PS2.
Nintendo got arrogant after NES,SNES
MS got arrogant after Xbox 360
Nintendo got arrogant again after Wii
Sony is arrogant again with PS4.

So either MS or Nintendo will need to humble Sony soon and then someone will need to humble Nintendo again. lol it's a endless cycle

"After seeing so many threads here about how people are happy that the PS4/Slim/Pro doesn't have features such as UHD Blu Ray "

No one said this. Absolutely no one. People said they just didn't care about it.