By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844

"Final Fantasy XV’s story is vague. To properly understand it, you’ll need to watch Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, and Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV— a full-length CGI film, and a six-part anime respectively. "

Oh come on... Really? :T

I get the movie but the rest too? Urghhh

Also that music part is interesting since FF is a series known for excellent music.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

The Ifrit theme alone destroys all of XIII's OST. Every piece of music has been killer. Reviewer must have terrible ears.

I got my ultimate collection last night. I don't know why people are hating on it already.

Sure, if you hopped in expecting Kingdom Hearts, you'll be disappointed. But maybe you should be judging a game by its own merit instead?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Harkins1721 said:
The Ifrit theme alone destroys all of XIII's OST. Every piece of music has been killer. Reviewer must have terrible ears.

I don't agree. XIII's OST is superb.

I actually think this is a very good review. Except for the music part. I was like "WHAT !!?" xD

The music is simply phenomenal imo. Yoko did a fantastic job.

The standard battle theme if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_CsijQsYY4

Around the Network

Weird to hear about the music. Was pretty sure Yoko Shimomura would be one of the best thing about the game :P

PS: XIII had a great soundtrack

Captain_Yuri said:

"Final Fantasy XV’s story is vague. To properly understand it, you’ll need to watch Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, and Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV— a full-length CGI film, and a six-part anime respectively. "

Also that music part is interesting since FF is a series known for excellent music.

The music is some of the best I've ever heard,  that guy is weird. I've been playing for 10 hours now and id ratr the ost as one of the best. 

Captain_Yuri said:

Definitely don't need to watch the anime, though eps 2, 3 and 4 were nice backstory for the bros surrounding Noctis. Non essential nonetheless

Honestly I don't see why you'd have to watch Kingsglaive either.. IMO i'd put it backwards and say that the movie is the one with a vague story that requires you to play the game to better understand the whole thing. The movie left a lot of important things out or glossed them over

Music is great though it does feel a bit more one dimensional compared to the FFXIII saga. There's a lot of epic and nice action tunes, a bit lacking in the beautiful stuff other than Carbuncle theme/Farewell and Altissia. Also there's one theme that sounds wayyyy too much like Skyrim/dragonborne and the least good part of Ifrit theme also sounds a bit too much like God of war. Still a pretty great OST overall don't get me wrong

It wasn't just FFXIII with a great OST, FFXIII-2 was killer in that department.

So it begins. Reviewers will completely ignore the flaws and shower it with 10s as the savior of all JRPGs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
So it begins. Reviewers will completely ignore the flaws and shower it with 10s as the savior of all JRPGs.

What are its flaws?