By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844

That wierd feeling when you buy a highly anticipated game day one, get it home, and realize through seriously bad planning you're still balls deep in another open world RPG. Blerg.

Around the Network
vivster said:
StokedUp said:
The fact that Amazon Verfified purchaces reviewers on Amazon have got it at an average of 4.7 out 5 is a much better indicator to me of how I'd rate the game, these people are normal gamers just like me and "professional" reviewers.

Except that people who bought it on day one have buyer's bias and also already belong to the fans. That's as unreliable as you can go for reviews. But if you just want to confirm your own biased opinion it's a great place.

Not to mention user reviews have always been incredibly unreliable since people let emotions, "principles", and other nonsense not pertinent to the game's quality influence scores.  And while a handful of reviewers will make that goof, it's not nearly as prevelant.

That's a low score for Final Fantasy. Are there any others that are lower?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Yeah, FFXIII with an 83. This game will probably be the lowest out of the main games.

Jumpin said:

Lots are lower,  FFXIII,  XIII-2,  lighting returns,  type 0, FFIII etc etc. 

Around the Network
Cirio said:
Jumpin said:

Yeah, FFXIII with an 83. This game will probably be the lowest out of the main games.

FFIII is on 80

people need to realise that reviewrs go harder now especialy on this gen on any game . not like on ps2 ps1 eras in those revierws gave soo many bad 10 and 9´s that i cant even begin to count so no an 80 is not a bad game .

Does anyone know how to unlock carbuncle from the platinum demo onto ffxv?

geraldes1 said:
people need to realise that reviewrs go harder now especialy on this gen on any game . not like on ps2 ps1 eras in those revierws gave soo many bad 10 and 9´s that i cant even begin to count so no an 80 is not a bad game .

Too true. I thought 86 was a fine score. Its dropped a bit apparently because the story is not that good, but I don't blame the developers for that.

They were taking the project over from a team that had already developed part of the story, and it might not have been possible to make the story as good as it could have been without scraping the already 3 or 4 years of work the Versus 13 team did.

84 is a decent score. They can continue to improve the game with DLC or even sequels. Its a good start.

Its also worth remembering that the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is a sequel to an already well established set of characters and lore. It improved on many of the elements of the previous games. I'm sure given the chance for a sequel, FF15 can make a lot of improvements to the same characters and story in the same way the Witcher franchise did.

The series is just finding its feet again after the FF13 debacle. So give these guys a chance, I'm sure Hajime Tabata will hit his stride with the next game. He had a lot of hard work to do cleaning up the mess that was FF13 Versus, so I think its a good start from him, and hopefully the game is good enough this guy continues his hard work. He's done a good job.

So I just got FFXV... And I opened it up and saw this...

Just wow!!! This is the kind of stuff that really makes you feel good even before starting up the game! Specially in an age where a lot of physical games just come with essentially nothing but a Bluray and a piece of paper..

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850