By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844
Nuvendil said:
Ruler said:
Metacritic is biased again look at gamespot and IGN reviews how they are pushing down the overall score, everyone else gives it a 9 or 10. Gamespot and IGN have a bigger value on the score than other sites

Yes, they are SO biased they even went the extra mile of hiding their evilness by giving the game scores denoted as "great" on their sites in giant bold letters.  Oh wait...that's the opposite of bias. 

It would be far more pathetic and useless for them to be dishonest and cave to the peer pressure of hype culture and shill out a score higher than they feel it deserves. 

And XV has no 10s.  And the divide between 9s and 8s is pretty even so what are you on about?

It's really ridiculous how people will consider a score between 80 and 85 as low. As if all games had to be 95 to be considered good.
-___-

8 out of 10 is still a really good score. 

But I suspect Ruler scored the game 10 out of 10 before he even played a second of it. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Nuvendil said:

Yes, they are SO biased they even went the extra mile of hiding their evilness by giving the game scores denoted as "great" on their sites in giant bold letters.  Oh wait...that's the opposite of bias. 

It would be far more pathetic and useless for them to be dishonest and cave to the peer pressure of hype culture and shill out a score higher than they feel it deserves. 

And XV has no 10s.  And the divide between 9s and 8s is pretty even so what are you on about?

It's really ridiculous how people will consider a score between 80 and 85 as low. As if all games had to be 95 to be considered good.
-___-

But I suspect Ruler scored the game 10 out of 10 before he even played a second of it. 

Blame the gaming industry reviewers.

A movie gets a 90% and you know its a good movie. I've been very dissapointed by many video games that have gotten 90+

And what does a shitty game get? somehwere in the 70's. In the movie reviews a 70 is still a damn good movie. 

Rarely do you see a game with reviews below a 7/10. THus the scale is just broken and useless. 

irstupid said:
Hynad said:

-___-

Blame the gaming industry reviewers.

A movie gets a 90% and you know its a good movie. I've been very dissapointed by many video games that have gotten 90+

And what does a shitty game get? somehwere in the 70's. In the movie reviews a 70 is still a damn good movie. 

Rarely do you see a game with reviews below a 7/10. THus the scale is just broken and useless. 

It's a little bit more difficult to rate a good game compared to a good movie. A good movie is all passive. While games have gameplay and interaction thrown in. As such, there are an incredible range of parameters, making everything much more difficult to judge objectively. Some games have very deep game systems, other are more streamlined or simplistic. The rest of it may be unmatched, from a presentation perspective, but gameplay is pretty difficult to score consitently. Each games aren't set out to offer the same things. Games like Heavy Rain offer an interactive movie kind of thing with choices influencing outcomes and whatnot. While game like the 3D Super Mario go for pristine control inputs and freedom...

Zkuq said:
Not bad. Not great either, but definitely not bad. A bit disappointing but expected.

an 86 is "great". 90-95 is exceptional. 95+ is masterpiece.

86 is better than good. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

It will fall a lot.

The 25 reviews we have now are probably the more high scored for reasons. Prepare to see some yellows reviews for the 75 others reviews to come.

Around the Network

Hynad said:
Nuvendil said:

-___-

Why shouldnt it be 10/10? its the AAA JRPG this gen the only one of its genre. I played the game, the Platinum Demo, Episode Duscae and the Judgement  Demo thats more than enough

Nuvendil said:
Ruler said:
Metacritic is biased again look at gamespot and IGN reviews how they are pushing down the overall score, everyone else gives it a 9 or 10. Gamespot and IGN have a bigger value on the score than other sites

These western reviewers gave Overwatch a 10/10, a 4 GB game for 70€ rigged with microtransactions. What is the better product? This or FFXV for 65€, 50+ GB content with much much better graphics imo? Its also the only JRPG that is AAA.

And Gamespot and IGN are counted higher which is unfair, Famitsu wont be allowed to give their score because they are Japanese how is Metacritic really fair?

Suddenly this video becomes relevant

tokilamockingbrd said:
Zkuq said:
Not bad. Not great either, but definitely not bad. A bit disappointing but expected.

an 86 is "great". 90-95 is exceptional. 95+ is masterpiece.

86 is better than good. 

That's your interpretation of those score values. To elaborate my view a bit more, I think that for the next big installment of a series the size of Final Fantasy, after a decade of development, 86 is not great. It's good, but it could and probably should have been better.