By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Fidel Castro is dead at 90.

Too bad the country isn't in chaos so that they can change to a democracy, what a shame ...

Around the Network

Good riddance. The ass almost started nuclear world war and mass extinction. Good thing Russians didn't listen to him or we'd all be dead.

Ruler said:

RIP

dont listen to the Media he was a great leader, here is proof

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?locations=ZJ-CU

not sure what those numbers mean, but technologically speaking they have been stuck in the 1950s for the last 60 years. They have known food shortage issues. Cherry picking some data table doesn't prove your point. Being better than the rest of latin America could be due to the fact that they have better resources, trade routes, and living conditions. Not to mention the World Bank is not a trust worthy entity to me, but I can overlook that if these nubmers actually meant anything to Castro. Please elaborate.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

He got super rich through corruption and he enforced poverty onto his people. He was a despised leader just like every other third world despotic dictator.

Around the Network
teamsilent13 said:
Ruler said:

RIP

dont listen to the Media he was a great leader, here is proof

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?locations=ZJ-CU

not sure what those numbers mean, but technologically speaking they have been stuck in the 1950s for the last 60 years. They have known food shortage issues. Cherry picking some data table doesn't prove your point. Being better than the rest of latin America could be due to the fact that they have better resources, trade routes, and living conditions. Not to mention the World Bank is not a trust worthy entity to me, but I can overlook that if these nubmers actually meant anything to Castro. Please elaborate.

it simple means cuba is richer than the rest of capitalist latin america and other US allies in the third world and second world. Food shortages? Thats why cuba has the highest life exceptancies in latin america

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

fatslob-:O said:
Too bad the country isn't in chaos so that they can change to a democracy, what a shame ...

like in Syria

Cuba had more nuclear warheads on the island in 1962 than the US knew about.

If JFK had listened to his military generals and launched an attack, it would've spelled disaster.

A large portion of the US Eastern Seaboard (New York, Washington, Miami, etc.) could've been hit by nuclear weapons, Cuba would've been destroyed in retaliation, and the USSR would've almost certainly invaded Europe immediately beginning with West Germany, possibly using further nuclear weapons to demolish Europe as a response. 

This is why temperment of a president is important. This stuff isn't a joke, and it's not on advisor's to make the final decision. A president has to have the courage to make the call on his/her own even when 12 other people in the room are telling him/her otherwise. Hopefully we never, ever find ourselves in a situation that precarious ever again. 

The irony is in this (dark) time line, JFK probably does not get assasinated in Nov. 1963 as obviously things would've been radically different, he certainly wouldn't be campaigning in Texas in the midst of World War III. So he saved the world, but probably set forth a time line that resulted in his assassination one year later. 

Ruler said:
teamsilent13 said:

it simple means cuba is richer than the rest of capitalist latin america and other US allies in the third world and second world. Food shortages? Thats why cuba has the highest life exceptancies in latin america

Is this a joke? Barely beating Ecuador/Jamaica/Macedonia in GDP per capita is NOT an accomplishment. That's like a McDonalds employee being excited about making more than a Burger King employee. They are all essentially living in squalor in a perpetual state of destitution. 

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post, but I'm not going to fix it. :)

Ruler said:
teamsilent13 said:

Chile is Capitalist as fuck and beats it in both ranks you posted, stats can be used either way 

Oh, and what "capitalist" latin america do you mean, Bolivia? Venezuela? Ecuador?