By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I like Playstation so much more than Xbox or Nintendo.

Do PS4 players have the most diverse tastes, overall?

Yes 162 57.65%

No 102 36.30%

See results 17 6.05%

Total:281

It's very simple. It's not just that they have the most powerful console, with the PS4 Pro, but mainly that the PS4 players have the most diverse tastes and interests in different genres. PS4 players seem to embrace nearly all genres: shooting, JRPG's, Fighting games, Artistic games like Flower, indie games, retro games, sports, adventure, futuristic, etc. Nintendo game players mainly focus on Nintendo made games and children's games, while Xbox game players focus on mainly shooters. I think that these diverse players help bring PS game players the most variety and choice. There are exceptions. These generalizations don't fit all Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft game players. But overall, I think I am correct.

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

Hm, from a pure video gaming standpoint, I agree.

Edit: Actually, I agree with it in terms of Xbox. I think Nintendo gamers have a pretty diverse interest in every genre of games a swell. Problem is they don't get 3rd party support so they're kind of limited if they only play on Nintendo.

I think that most gamers are biased against hentai gamers since no lists seem to ever include them

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Idk, according to this site 75% of PS4 retail sales come from the shooter, sports & action genres.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I dont quite agree with the Nintendo part, seeing that Nintendo IP catalog, taking aside one or two genre, is extremely diverse.But Im personally a Nintendo and Sony fan, so I enjoy the best of both worlds.

So taking aside the part I mentioned, I agree for the most part.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

You're right PS Fans in general have a more diverse taste in games than Xbox, and Nintendo gamers.

zorg1000 said:
Idk, according to this site 75% of PS4 retail sales come from the shooter, sports & action genres.

Where did you get that from? 

I don't know. I think a lot of PS super-users prop up games from niche genres and developers for list wars, but the majority of PS4 owners buy 8-10 games, most of them Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Madden, FIFA, etc.

jason1637 said:
zorg1000 said:

Where did you get that from? 

the game database, click on PS4 for platform then take a look at the various genres.

PS4 total software-290 million

Action-90 million

Shooter-80 million

Sports-50 million

total of these genres-220 million

These numbers are rounded but you get the idea

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

pretty much. The best selling games on PS are Shooters and Sports with sprinkles of action/rpg games making it big and even those are on PC. (skyrim, etc.)

But I like them all equally because they each have something to offer. I hated Xbox until I tried it over the summer and it has some great games on it. Sony and Nintendo to me though, have some of the most iconic IPs in the gaming world with Nintendo slightly edging Sony out. I mean, Mario, Pokemon need I say more? Saying that you like something "so much more" than others and then saying you're also diverse is kind of, I don't know strange.  And when did we start confusing "kids games" with games that use imagination and color and stylistic designs?