By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Make Consoles Great Again. Nintendomination incoming.

Show me any device that remotely competed with the Game Boy, mobile or home and I might be able to understand how the Switch can be stopped from destoying Sony/MS so called 'consoles'.

How are Sony/MS current and next gen systems even contemplated as being consoles in the true sense of the word?

They have all the downsides of PC with none of the ups.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

This thread is love.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Pyro as Bill said:
Show me any device that remotely competed with the Game Boy, mobile or home and I might be able to understand how the Switch can be stopped from destoying Sony/MS so called 'consoles'.

How are Sony/MS current and next gen systems even contemplated as being consoles in the true sense of the word?

They have all the downsides of PC with none of the ups.

i 100% agree with you. 

Pyro as Bill said:

Two controllers as standard. Do you even do trailers?

Playing tekken or sf with four face buttons and thumbstick?

Do you even do games?

This thread

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
This thread is love. <3

This thread is..... life?

Intrinsic said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Two controllers as standard. Do you even do trailers?

Playing tekken or sf with four face buttons and thumbstick?

Do you even do games?

Good job you can upgrade the controller then huh. If you want to that it is.

Smash can be played for fun on a NES pad.

Do you even play relevant fighting games that don't rely on past glory/nostalgia?

Seriously guys, look up the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 and you'll see why console gaming is even a thing.

The difference between the Game Boy and any other gaming device of it's time is like the Switch vs a quantum supercomputer from the year 3000.

The Switch will win, easily.

Ack! Giant wall of text!

Meh. Gamers will show what they want with their dollars. If the Switch is what they want, then other companies will move to make it.