By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Make Consoles Great Again. Nintendomination incoming.

Console gamers don't want to install disk 1 of disk 4.

Console gamers don't want to download 6GB updates.

Console gamers don't want to sit alone playing with human bots.

Console gamers don't want online subscriptions that do nothing but lock you in to an shitty ecosystem.

Console gamers don't want 4K cinematic experiences, they want to play.

Some of us used to joke that the 360/PS3 were PC-lites. The PS4 and XB1 are worse, they're crap PC-lites masquerading as consoles. PC gaming is great................on the PC.

Sony doesn't do music anymore and physical film media is dead too. Netflix and Apple are the music and video guys now. The next generation of kids are already laughing at 'disks'.

The home PC is dying which means MS's PC-OS is dying. They can't compete anymore, their reason for being in the console business has disappeared (defensive move against Sony's threat to PC).

MS and Sony can't even make a 10m IP. Do we really need them?

The idea that these PC-lites can compete with a true console, and a Nintendo handheld console no less, is laughable. The idea that a real console gamer would choose 4K over portability is even more comical.

The portable market has always been the TRUE market. Why? Because even the mighty Scorpio/PS5 will be portable one-day. What's funny is Sony and the PSP could have had a head start but the shared ecosystem gimmick hurts Sony whilst sending Nintendo to the moon.

If anybody wants proof look at the GameBoy. With it's 4 shades of green and bi-weekly AA battery replacements it destroyed........EVERYTHING!!!!

It destroyed the NES, the Master System, the SNES, the GENESIS and they were home systems. The credible handheld competition was non-existant. It's updated version, the GBA, would have destroyed PS2 if not for the free DVD player. The DS proved that later. Look at what the Gameboy had to compete with in the gaming space and you will see why Nintendo is in such a good position. We had games on our watches and calculators comparitively similar to modern smartphone games. 16bit graphics v 4 shades of green. It was hilarious if you saw it first hand. Luckily, you're going to see it again.

This time the Gameboy won't run out of battery. This time the Gameboy has an extra controller and "2-player" mode is being made the console standard that it should be. This time it can provide the same experience as any other non-PClite console and it has double the output. Nintendo 1st party output too.

Sony and MS can continue to try and compete with the PC market but they'll be left with nowhere left to go.

"Hey MS, XB1 not doing so well, what's the plan?"                   "MOOOAAAARRRREEEEE POOOOOWWWEEEERRRRR!!!!"     It's a dead end strategy.

EA can replace Gran Turismo, Activision can do a better Halo than MS. It's now time for a real console and to tell the PC-crowd to go fuck itself.

No more installs. Local multiplayer as standard. Plug n play like it should be.

It's time to MAKE CONSOLES GREAT AGAIN!!!!

User was moderated for this and other posts throughout this thread

-Super_Boom

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Yup.... its definitely friday

This isn't going to end well, good luck.

"Console gamers don't want to install disk 1 of disk 4."

Is this still a thing? I thought Bluray is large enough no?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

lol is that all u saw wrong with his post?

what about the local multiplayer thing? here's a scenario. To play tekken 7 on my ps4 with my friend at home I'll need a second controller. to do the same on the switch my friend will also need to have a switch and hsve the game. same goes for FIFA, nba2k, or any other "local multiplayer" game.

And some people think that's a good idea lol. 

This thread makes me feel bad tho, csuse he's definitely on something that I should be smoking too. I need the hook up. 

Around the Network

John Lucas was better at this.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Intrinsic said:
Captain_Yuri said:

what about the local multiplayer thing? here's a scenario. To play tekken 7 on my ps4 with my friend at home I'll need a second controller. to do the same on the switch my friend will also need to have a switch and hsve the game. same goes for FIFA, nba2k, or any other "local multiplayer" game.

This thread makes me feel bad tho, csuse he's definitely on something that I should be smoking too. I need the hook up. 

Nahh I just stopped reading there

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Intrinsic said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Two controllers as standard. Do you even do trailers?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Captain_Yuri said:

Nahh I just stopped reading there

Lucky you. I couldn't stop though. I just found it amusing how much time someone somewhere could put into making a thread like that. And mental and physical converted effort to declare stupid. 

it would have been pityful if it weren't funny.