By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Friday: What did you buy?

Wish I saw that deal for a $10 Xbone!!!

Around the Network

Ps Store: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Mad Max (Game)
Street Fighter V

Amazon: Ps4 Pro
Final Fantasy XV

A 55 inch 4k tv

Cyber Monday shopping for me:

Rise of the Tombraider, gotto try that VR and should look nice on the pro.
B&W 684 S2 floor standing main speakers x2
B&W HTM62 S2 center speaker

My 20 year old 603s + CC6 was due for replacement, plus the tweeter on the left main broke recently.
I replaced the surround speakers 8 years ago, still good. My Rel Storm subwoofer is still alive and well. I switched the tv speakers on for a bit, dunno why they bother putting them in high end tvs. Perhaps they just put shitty sound in expensive tvs as they expect you to have a dedicated sound system anyway?

4K tvs everywhere ofcourse. However they seem far less impressive as when I saw them 3 years ago. Maybe it was the material, looked very artificial, screaming attention. Anyway any tv budget I had went into sound instead. Better investment, should be good for another 20 years.

Late to the game but...

Around the Network

For Playstation:
PS4 Pro
Physical Games: Ratchet and Clank, Dragon Quest Heroes
Digital Games: Psychonauts, The Warriors, Bully

For Xbox:
Physical Games: Doom, Far Cry Primal
Digital Games: Gears of War 4, Recore, Fallout 4, Grand Theft Auto 5, Just Dance 2017, Song of the Deep, Unravel, Shadow Complex

For WiiU:
Physical: Pikmin 3

On Black Friday I bought a bunch of clothes and shoes (I do my yearly clothes shopping every BF).

The day before BF however I took advantage of the Gamestop 50% trade bonus and traded my PS4 + a bunch of OLD Pokemon games (like Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, Emerald, Ruby/Sapphire, Smash Melee) and got myself a PS4 Pro + Destiny Collection that came bundled with it without paying anything extra. Pretty sweet deal, especially after I sell the Destiny collection and make a little money from it.

What's surprising is how valuable Super Smash Bros Melee still is. I think I got $35 for trading it in, which is insane!

I got Batman Return to Arkham and Titanfall 2 on PS4

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)