By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump is aiming for two-terms. Yay?

One can argue for Al Gore....

However if Kerry Won Ohio in 2004, Bush would have lost the election with a 3 million Popular Vote Total advantage.

So anyone who thinks Kerry should have won and then says Hillary won the 2016 election as she has a 2.2 million popular vote total is being a hypocrite.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Yes, John Kerry LOL

How on earth could the Democrats nominate such an unpleasant and uncharismatic figure? I don't get it.

And it happens time and time again. Who was the Republican guy I thought was so boring last time... fairly young, forgot his name. Such a boring person.

You mean like Hillary?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes, John Kerry LOL

How on earth could the Democrats nominate such an unpleasant and uncharismatic figure? I don't get it.

And it happens time and time again. Who was the Republican guy I thought was so boring last time... fairly young, forgot his name. Such a boring person.

You mean like Hillary?

Do you think so?

No, I don't think so. I think Hillary is fairly charismatic. Not overly charismatic and likeable like Bill Clinton or Obama, but she's okay. And she is a good speaker rhetorically.

John Kerry was a disaster, the worst of the worst. Al Gore and John McCain were pretty worthless too. When it comes to charisma Hillary easily beats Al Gore.

Slimebeast said:
FunFan said:

You mean like Hillary?

Do you think so?

No, I don't think so. I think Hillary is fairly charismatic. Not overly charismatic and likeable like Bill Clinton or Obama, but she's okay. And she is a good speaker rhetorically.

John Kerry was a disaster, the worst of the worst. Al Gore and John McCain were pretty worthless too. When it comes to charisma Hillary easily beats Al Gore.

But that fake laugh D:

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

As does every elected president. This is noteworthy why? Apparently you can't go more than a few hours without mentioning Trump or a Trump fan will think the world has ended.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Don't throw anything away, but don't condemn them without giving them a chance.  It's not like Trump killed anyone.  He's said dumb shit, but does that mean you get to deny him of a chance to run the place before he's even started.  All I'm saying is let him mess up and get himself into trouble.  or let him succeed.  Just give him a chance.  If you don't, well to me it sounds like sour grapes on your part. 

He messed up before being elected.  That's my point.  Messing up now is just par for his course.  We didn't want him in because he had a history over the past 1.5 years of messing up.  But you want us to believe he won't mess up now?   Or do you want us to give him the same chance the R's gave Obama?

Okay, this is the problem with your argument.  You give him no room to do anything right.  In your eyes, nothing he does now is correct and he shouldn't be given a chance.  Let's just outright go into the impeachment process day 1.  That is what you're arguing for.  At least if we give him a chance, we would know whether or not we had it right or wrong. 

And for all the wrong he's done, everyone seems to forget the right he does.  You place Trump on the stigma that he's racist, misogynist, incompetent, etc. all based on the soundbytes that the media has placed on him.   Sorry buddy, but that's just one side to his spinning coin.  He's done some great things for the world and for people.  Just like how Hillary is made out to look like some she-demon, unless you look through her personal records, has done great things for people.  I'm just saying, he's not forgiven, but we owe Donald, nay, we owe the system some vote of confidence.  You can tar and feather them after their failures.

SpokenTruth said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Okay, this is the problem with your argument.  You give him no room to do anything right.  In your eyes, nothing he does now is correct and he shouldn't be given a chance.  Let's just outright go into the impeachment process day 1.  That is what you're arguing for.  At least if we give him a chance, we would know whether or not we had it right or wrong. 

And for all the wrong he's done, everyone seems to forget the right he does.  You place Trump on the stigma that he's racist, misogynist, incompetent, etc. all based on the soundbytes that the media has placed on him.   Sorry buddy, but that's just one side to his spinning coin.  He's done some great things for the world and for people.  Just like how Hillary is made out to look like some she-demon, unless you look through her personal records, has done great things for people.  I'm just saying, he's not forgiven, but we owe Donald, nay, we owe the system some vote of confidence.  You can tar and feather them after their failures.

So we've just witnessed him screw up over the past 1.5 years and not do any better post-election and yet you want me to ignore the past 1.5 years and horrible transition period thus far and give him a chance?   He's not shown me one moment of being presidential material this whole time but I'm supposed to assume he'll do a 180 and become presidential material now?

Realistically, you're saying no chance whatsoever.  Right, that's basically what you're saying?  I mean, you only have to live with him for the next 4 years and you've already said he's the devil and that's it.  When it comes to an inch of favor, he get's none.  That's your logical view on how to treat the man who holds the highest office in the land. No respect whatsoever? 

And again, who is accepting of this guy? Who is forgetting all the things that he's done wrong?  Nobody, that's who.  There's a difference between giving someone the benefit of the doubt, and just straight out denying.  No one ever said let's look away from what he's done.  No one ever said he's forgiven for all the crazy  things he's said.  The difference here is that I'm waiting for him to screw up.  I'm waiting for him to be in office so I can tell what he's doing wrong.  But you, you just want him out now.  There's no budge in you that you can't even look pass your own opinion and be just a little postive over a terrible outcome.  That's like saying the Switch is going to fail even when it hasn't even released yet.  Just doom and gloom.  To that I say: sour grapes.

SpokenTruth said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Don't throw anything away, but don't condemn them without giving them a chance.  It's not like Trump killed anyone.  He's said dumb shit, but does that mean you get to deny him of a chance to run the place before he's even started.  All I'm saying is let him mess up and get himself into trouble.  or let him succeed.  Just give him a chance.  If you don't, well to me it sounds like sour grapes on your part. 

He messed up before being elected.  That's my point.  Messing up now is just par for his course.  We didn't want him in because he had a history over the past 1.5 years of messing up.  But you want us to believe he won't mess up now?   Or do you want us to give him the same chance the R's gave Obama?

I remember when Obama got elected the first time. I took to the streets. I rioted for days. Idestryed stuff. I disrupted the flow of traffic. Then he got elected a second time! Bot howdy did I go and riot again. I was upset. I did not get MY way.

Oh wait, nevermind it must of all been a dream. There were no riots. Property was not destroyed. I didn't stop traffic. I must of had the news on in my sleep listening to whats going on now

If Trump wants to win in 2020, he'd have to live up to a lot of his campaign promises and the Democrats will have to put up a weaker candidate to go up against him.

A throwaway candidate, as it were.

I have a lot of trouble seeing Trump actually pull off a lot of what he said, or doing so in a way people like. I also doubt the Democrats will spend the 4 years since resting on their laurels.

Bush won in 2004, the only popular vote taking Republican since his father in 88, in the midst of a war focus, though towards the end of his peak. If the event had been even a year later, Kerry might have won in the midst of the Katrina disaster and Iraq growing more and more toxic.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

SpokenTruth said:
thranx said:

I remember when Obama got elected the first time. I took to the streets. I rioted for days. Idestryed stuff. I disrupted the flow of traffic. Then he got elected a second time! Bot howdy did I go and riot again. I was upset. I did not get MY way.

Oh wait, nevermind it must of all been a dream. There were no riots. Property was not destroyed. I didn't stop traffic. I must of had the news on in my sleep listening to whats going on now

No, you guys just hung lynching effigies in your yard, called him a Muslim, denounced his citizenship and also protested in the streets.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obama+protests&num=20&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwip0vOKzdvQAhUDVyYKHdKaB9QQ_AUICigD&biw=1920&bih=946

But, you know, selective revisionist history, shame, "not the same thing", etc...

I dont think I said anyhting about protesting or using ones free speech. I said, riots, destruction of property, and stopping the flow of traffic in major cities. But you know being selective and all