By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Least favourite/most disliked Nintendo console?

So, which was it?

The NES. 29 3.98%

The SNES. 8 1.10%

The Nintendo64. 70 9.62%

The Gamecube. 73 10.03%

The Wii. 161 22.12%

The WiiU. 207 28.43%

The Nintendo Switch. 15 2.06%

Anything else not included above. 39 5.36%

Nintendo's toys in their Love Hotels. 23 3.16%

Show me the results! 103 14.15%

Total:728
Jumpin said:

Nope, the GameCube port of RE4 had content cut that was available on the PS2 and Wii releases, plus the controls were junky.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here or not.

Resident Evil 4 was originally developed as a PS2 title, but was quickly ditched and instead was made an original Gamecube exclusive title. That's the console where Resident Evil 4 came to be. Then Capcom broke the contract they had with Nintendo and ported the game to PS2. Given Sony's policy of only receiving games in later releases than other consoles if they include extra content, the PS2 version got several things, like Assigment Ada, Separate Ways, a new outfit and some new weapons. But PS2 is still the port version, whereas the Gamecube version is the original one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4

Resident Evil 4, known in Japan as Biohazard 4,[a] is a survival horror video game developed and published by Capcom. The sixth major installment in the Resident Evil series, the game was originally released for the GameCube in North America and Japan in January 2005, and in Europe and Australia in March 2005.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_4

Resident Evil 4 (バイオハザード4 Baiohazādo Fō?, known as Biohazard 4 in Japan; often abbreviated as RE4) is a 2005 survival horror video game published and developed by Capcom. Resident Evil 4 is the sixth installment of the Resident Evil series. It debuted in North America on the 11th of January in 2005 for the Nintendo GameCube, and was later released in Japan and Europe. On October 25, 2005, the game was released on the Sony PlayStation 2 with additional gameplay features but slight visual and aural downgrades, including a lack of shadow and lighting effects, reduced sound quality, as well as lower resolution textures and character models.[1] A PC port was released on March 2, 2007. A Wii port was also released on May 31, 2007 in Japan, June 25, 2007 in North America, June 29, 2007 in Europe and July 5, 2007 in Australia, and was generally criticized for its awkward control scheme and lack of new features compared to the original release. An HD Edition was released as a downloadable game for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network on September 20, 2011.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Pavolink said:

PM The Thousand Year Door

Metroid Prime 1 & 2

Resident Evil 4 was the original version and superior one

REmake

RE Zero

Zelda Ocarina of Time: Master Quest

The Wind Waker & Twilight Princess

FF Crystal Chronicles

Super Smash Bros Melee

Super Mario Sunshine

Mario Kart Double Dash

Luigi's Mansion

It's library is easily well above the Wii U.

Nope, the GameCube port of RE4 had content cut that was available on the PS2 and Wii releases, plus the controls were junky.

The Mario Kart and 3D Mario games were the worst in the home console franchises, by far. The other games I couldn't care less about. Some of those games, like Crystal Chronicles were among the worst games I played that generation.

Since you are counting ports, a bunch of those games were also on Wii U (Metroid Prime 1-3, and every Zelda), plus a significantly better iteration of Mario Kart, and Xenoblade Chronicles X which is much more interesting than anything else on GameCube. 

You believe RE4 is a port, like MP...

Ok. It was worthless since the beggining.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I couldn't fairly say as the ones I lack positive feelings for are lacking largely because I didn't own one.

I'd hate to say gamecube because I did play some great gamecube games but I never personally owned one and have little attachment to the system.

Wii U easily.

KLXVER said:
Azuren said:

The Wii.

It's all fine and dandy that it sold so many units, but barely any of their games were targeted at core gamers, and instead opted to target casuals. Just a quick look at their bestselling games would show that not many traditional gamers were buying games for it.

That might be because they wrote it off as a system for casuals. I bought many core games on it.

They wrote it off because the system was catered to those types of games. The best selling ones, hell most of the library was made up of those types of games. 

Around the Network

for all the hate that N64 is getting you'd think that it would have higher numbers. A lot of people are voting Wii but not giving reasons? interesting.

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:

That might be because they wrote it off as a system for casuals. I bought many core games on it.

They wrote it off because the system was catered to those types of games. The best selling ones, hell most of the library was made up of those types of games. 

Sure, but that doesnt mean there werent great core games on it. I dont only buy best selling games on consoles I own. I buy the ones I want to play.

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

Sure, but that doesnt mean there werent great core games on it. I dont only buy best selling games on consoles I own. I buy the ones I want to play.

thats true, but for a lot of people it had a poor library when it came to core games. Especially compared to the competition when it missed out on alot of those games and if it did get them they were far worse versions. So its not hard to see why alot of people wrote it off, if they have to dig through the shovelware to get to the actual core games...thats a problem.

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:

thats true, but for a lot of people it had a poor library when it came to core games. Especially compared to the competition when it missed out on alot of those games and if it did get them they were far worse versions. So its not hard to see why alot of people wrote it off, if they have to dig through the shovelware to get to the actual core games...thats a problem.

Its only a problem if you dont do any effort to find the core games. I did and found many great games. They obviously exist on the system. Even if all core games got a stealth release, they are still there.

I've liked them all lol, excluding perhaps their pong console which I never played :D

Least favorite then... well, here's the list of consoles ranked from most games owned to least owned for me:

-Nes
-N64
-Wii U
-Wii
-Snes
-Gamecube

I have a hard time actually ranking them as I found each very fun in its own time... I might not care to play with the Wii's controllers today, for instance, but the Wii dominated my college campus and we all had a blast with it for a couple years there.

I guess I'll just say the game boy. By the time of the gameboy color I began to enjoy it, but I already had a sega game gear prior so the OG game boy just seemed so primitive that I couldn't get into it.