By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch specs Rumor

torok said:
miz1q2w3e said:
"Using 4310 mah Battery, at least estimate 3.7 to 5 hours of battery power."

Not stellar, but not as bad as I had feared.

I would be quite disapointed with these battery life, it's pretty subpar compared to current handhelds.

Yeah, I still want more. I rarely buy third party battery packs, but for this, I might.

Around the Network

such a tablet would easily be 400-500 bucks imo. I call it fake. Tegra x1, 3 gigs ram. Basically pixel c /shield console performance

nomad said:
JRPGfan said:

Remember thats the "docked" performance.

When its used as a handheld its probably half the docked rate or so.

The docked and undocked performance theory doesn't make sense.

First, sources have already mentioned that there is nothing special about the dock, mainly just extra ports. At best, one can hope this thing to have some sort of wireless hdmi/streaming.

Second, developers would have to take into consideration the difference in performance between for each mode to take advantage of it. It means more work for them if they do. It adds unneccesarry complexity that goes against Nintendo's goal of easier/simpler software development.

Third, it creates inconsistent user experience, making the product seem lower in quality. Throttling is seen as something negative for mobile/portable devices.

When the unit is docked the mobile chip will have....

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

miz1q2w3e said:
torok said:

I would be quite disapointed with these battery life, it's pretty subpar compared to current handhelds.

Yeah, I still want more. I rarely buy third party battery packs, but for this, I might.

I still think this is bullocks. It's basically a tablet now and that form factor allows huge batteries and tablets in general can hold up for a lot longer than smartphones when gaming.

hunter_alien said:
 Nintendo internal teams will do wonders with it

That's pretty much a given; even on the underpowered Wii and Wii U they managed to produce beautiful games like Mario Galaxy, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, and Mario Kart 8.