By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD PS4 vs XB1 2016 Battle

The PS4 pro is going to skyrocket the hardware sales of the PS4. Don't forget that the demand is very high for the PS4 pro it even sold 65.000 units first week in Japan. The weekly PS4 sales also massively increased in the UK when the pro launched. A similar effect can be expected in the US. So the PS4 will win November for sure although I doubt it will win December.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
I dont know the prices in the US but here in the netherlands the PS4 Slim is cheaper then the X1 S and the PS4 Pro is down to 369,-

Even tough the Xbox has deffenitely sold better recently, with forza and gears, with the prices being what they are and the extra value of the Pro I am quite certain sony should have November and December, I am expecting November to be the bigger gap because of the kick-in of the PS4 Pro pre orders.

it all really depends if the Pro keeps selling or its a one time boost.

I think the pro would be a one time boost. This month is provably the first and last month that the Pro sells more than the PS4s for the forseeable future. And even that is highly unlikely. 

When things settle down i expect PS4pro to reel in around 20% of whatever the PS4s sales are. 

Intrinsic said:
malistix1985 said:
I dont know the prices in the US but here in the netherlands the PS4 Slim is cheaper then the X1 S and the PS4 Pro is down to 369,-

Even tough the Xbox has deffenitely sold better recently, with forza and gears, with the prices being what they are and the extra value of the Pro I am quite certain sony should have November and December, I am expecting November to be the bigger gap because of the kick-in of the PS4 Pro pre orders.

it all really depends if the Pro keeps selling or its a one time boost.

I think the pro would be a one time boost. This month is provably the first and last month that the Pro sells more than the PS4s for the forseeable future. And even that is highly unlikely. 

When things settle down i expect PS4pro to reel in around 20% of whatever the PS4s sales are. 

If that is true, xbox might win december. The Xbox One S has seemed to be the more dessiarable "slimmed down" model, but we shall see, the Scorpio coming closer might also hurt their own sales and altough you say you expect 20% of the sales will be the pro, 4k Televisions are really selling like hot candy in my country and people are itching to use their new television with content.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

So, the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by over 100k, or more, in 4 months this year. I would like to see the picture if Xbox didn't released the S, and Sony, the Pro.

zorg1000 said:
Where are the Wii U numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to make a column for a discontinued console. Even Nintendo has abandoned it. 

malistix1985 said:

If that is true, xbox might win december. The Xbox One S has seemed to be the more dessiarable "slimmed down" model, but we shall see, the Scorpio coming closer might also hurt their own sales and altough you say you expect 20% of the sales will be the pro, 4k Televisions are really selling like hot candy in my country and people are itching to use their new television with content.

Truth be told is that we don't know yet if the XB1s may or may not be the preferred slimmed down console. It just has so far had a lot going in its favour. It was announced and released with perfect timing to a great number of enticing bundles. All around the time when the PS4pro was just around the corner. December or January would be a better month to determine just how strong the XB1s is. 

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:

So, the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by over 100k, or more, in 4 months this year. I would like to see the picture if Xbox didn't released the S, and Sony, the Pro.

Thats simple, by now the PS4 would have an almost 800k lead for this year alone. 

Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:
Where are the Wii U numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to make a column for a discontinued console. Even Nintendo has abandoned it. 

it was a joke

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

it was a joke

i was kinda joking too. Nintendo is still selling the WiiU aren't they? and last I checked Zelda:BotW is gonna still release for it too. 

But at this point, adding them to the chart would have been more cruel than thorough. 

your numbers are wrong.
Xbox One YTD is 2212k

you missed 200k somewhere

This is off topic but Prinz is amazing lol. He was in the last 4 threads I have read with different accounts. That is literally INSANE! He truly loves this site! I have said it before and I will say it again his dedication is other worldly lol!

Back on topic

I wonder if the PS4 will be flat or up YoY for Nov? I really can't see it being down. This month will be very interesting and I can't wait to see what happens next month! Both consoles will do very good both months though.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23